Baylor went crying to Greg Abbott for help!

Yep.

SEC and B1G- have an equal balance of power

Pac is ran by USC, UCLA and Oregon

ACC is ran by The Tobacco Road schools

Big 12 was obviously Longhorn country

From a G5 standpoint

MWC is ran by Boise

AAC is ran by UH, UCF, Cincy and Memphis

Who cares about the MAC, CUSA and Sun Belt

Uhhh … I suspect the guv … errr … Dr. Strangelove … is too happy his horns are in the SEC to worry about any state legislative leftovers boohooing …

2 Likes

That was the first thought that popped into my mind when heard about Baylor’s attempt with the governor.

1 Like

Hate to do another scene but it always works. Baylor is like Johnny Fontaine.

3 Likes

Can’t agree with you more! No other state would allow one school to hurt its other schools like the way Texas politicians have allowed UT to hurt its other state schools, especially against UH!

4 Likes

Yes, but i don’t think that ESPN is going to end up with a horse’s head in their bed.

I think Baylor is going to end up more like Luca Brazzi than Johnny Fontaine (Frank Sinatra)

1 Like

You never answered my questions. You mentioned the rodent as your point of reference…

It is truly mindboggling. You could not make this up if you tried.

2 Likes

I’ve always disagreed with this take I think a lot of states/legislatures would allow the namesake/flagship university systems do grave harm to other public systems if deemed necessary

Really the only thing stopping any of it is where you representation numbers lie.

Most other states don’t have five independent university systems.

3 Likes

They can’t. By state laws you can favor one school over an another. Again what is happening in Texas is the same way the casa nostra/mafia operates. The PUF is the prime example of this and the fact that the uthouston land has not been sold SPEAKS VOLUME of this mafia way of doing business.

2 Likes

True and why did it come to that?..The utau pimp wants to control everything. It was at first about education then when the utau pimp highjacked the PUF this was the end of its education purpose. This is a school that has $B’s in reserve and has the nerve to ask for federal aid during and after the pandemic? Do you now see my point?

1 Like

But in UT’s case, is it necessary for UT to go to the length it did to keep UH down? After all, the state has already over-funded UT over UH in a 8 to 1 fashion! I simply don’t believe the state has to keep UH down in order to help UT. The job of the state is supposed to be helping all of its schools and its residents, not hurt some and help some! After all, what is good for UH is good for the state and its people. The state could give UT the help it need to maintain its flagship status and still help its other schools, such as UH. But just like in politics, partisanship hurts our college system.

Baylor is such a cry baby.Espn will not help get them in a p5 next round.

I have always felt Baylor should be happy with the 25 years of Power5 status that it has been getting sucking on UT’s teats! After all, Baylor is way unqualified to be a Power5 member over UH! Just the fact that at the time Baylor had less than half of the student body population that UH had should have disqualified it already, but the fact that Baylor also sat on a town that had a population about a thousand times smaller than Houston should have definitely excluded Baylor being picked over UH to be a Big12 member as well. But as we all know, it pays to have the most powerful politicians in the state to manipulate things for Baylor.

2 Likes

Wth are you talking about now? What ? And I never mentioned anything about a rodent. Wrong guy

Buck Faylor!!!

2 Likes

Funny, last time I checked, Baylor and TCU were not state schools. They had no problem dropping UH, SMU and RIce to go to B12, and vote to keep us out with expansion. Can you say KARMA?

4 Likes

To be fair to TCU they wandered the wilderness with us they just did more with there time there and clawedd their way up. Unlike Baylor… Who got to start on third and told everyone they got a triple.

But TCU’s getting a bigger dose of land than they really deserve

2 Likes

I have no hard feelings toward TCU but not Baylor.

2 Likes