Baylor

I’m impressed with Baylor. A few years ago, Baylor was the Boot Hill of HC. Along came Briles and he changed the football fortunes of the program. Briles is forced to leave in disgrace, but he is replaced with Matt Ruhle. I didn’t think Ruhle would find success at Baylor, but in only his third year, Baylor is 9-0 and is leading OU 28-10 at the time of this post. Like Baylor or not,Baylor has become a kick ass program in football.

Sure if you overlook all the devious acts. They’re swell!

10 Likes

And what the hell happened to U of H? A couple of good years and now back to dismal Dana.

1 Like

We have a proven, experienced head coach in Dana Holgerson, but not even he can overcome the lack of recruiting that Herman and Applewhite left us with. The balance of power in the AAC has changed.
Memphis and UCF have asserted themselves as the new forces in the AAC and that will not change in the near future. Memphis will return many of their players in 2020. UCF is talented, and they will remain a force for years to come.

On the bright side, we haven’t had back to back losing seasons since Dana Dimel…

5 Likes

Let’s not forget just 2 years ago in rules first year they lost to both utsa and liberty when they were still fcs. I’m not giving up hope on that being us in the next couple years.

3 Likes

Dream on.

That’s exactly what their fanbase was thinking year one lol

Will Rhule leave? It would be the time to bolt from Baylor.

1 Like

Why would he leave? Baylor is a P5 program. They are undefeated. They have a chance to be in the Final Four. My guess is that he should stay at Baylor. Besides, Baylor has the money to keep him at Waco. Ruhle is in a win-win position.

1 Like

Baylor is not making the playoffs

3 Likes

Why is Rhule dressed like a cafe short order cook and dishwasher?? …

Where are they hiding the OU band … I hear them but can’t see them … are they in the nosebleed section?? … they are more lively than that snore-city baylor band …

The sooners appear to be making a come back … oops no … fumble in the end zone …

https://amp.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article232963117.html

Matt Rhule has been tabbed for NFL jobs as early as his 1st year at Baylor.

1 Like

The cubbies are doing a TCU … AND … choking …

Sooners are within a TD …

1 Like

If a really good big10 job were to open up like Michigan or maybe even iowa if kirk ferentz retires at some point I could see him leave.

1 Like

God, I would never leave a successful college program to coach the pros. Ask Saban.

1 Like

I agree.

Matt Rhule went to that dumpster fire Baylor in 2017, the same year Tom Herman went to UT with all the advantages of a top football program.

Tom Herman has the best facilities, best athletes and in Austin but Baylor who was left for dead is doing better than UT. Is Tom Herman really not that good of a coach?

2 Likes

Impressive comeback by OU.

4 Likes

Couldn’t have happened to a worse school

8 Likes

Awesome result.

4 Likes