Beard gets top transfer

Adding to his list of transfers, Beard gets Carr the Canadian from Univ… Minnesota.

Isn’t this a UH fan forum??

Couldn’t this have gone in the transfer portal??

12 Likes

Would love to have UH vs Texas home and home series.

2 Likes

Who cares

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/BrotherhoodCBB/status/1416458087972626437

1 Like

Go put this on a Whorn forum or the transfer portal!!!

2 Likes

Looks great on paper. Of course, so did the Brooklyn Nets.

4 Likes

Watch them get a first round exit.

1 Like

And finish behind Kansas in the Big 12.

3 Likes

The rich getting richer

I really hate to say this but now that buying players has become OK by NCAA standards, I think we can expect to see the most over-funded, illicit program in the U.S. now under Chris Beard become the new version of UCLA under John Wooden in the 1960’s.

1 Like

Their roster shaping up to be insane. Will be fun to watch, sure wish we could play them.

UCLA/Wooden dominance would never happen in the modern game. The expanded tourney ensures that. Beard would be doing good to make the final four consistently.

1 Like

In my opinion, it will be interesting to see what effect UT & UH replacing UK & UofL as the epicenter of college hoops will have with respect to future conference realignment.

1 Like

I do think the Lone Star state is poised to takeover college hoops. What the state did last year was truly unprecedented and it was great to see us right at the front leading the charge!

4 Likes

Brooklyn was great, but also constantly injured.

UT is fortunate the coaching change is happening during the current transfer-heavy environment. If this happened 20 years ago during the 5/8 rules or even a few years ago when most transfers had to sit out, Beard would have inherited a multi-year rebuild. Instead he’s assembled one of the—if not the—oldest and most talented groups in the country. Only questions are how does he handle their inexperience playing together and the egos, who I’m sure all expect to play big minutes.

2 Likes

sampson spoke about this… that houston wasnt very good year 1 and was NIT year 2 and 3… he said houston undersamspon wuld have likely been a tourney team year 1 had the transfer rules been what it is today…

2 Likes

I wouldn’t; don’t want to play them in anything again - ever!

1 Like

I think a home and away is possible, given the relationship between Beard and CKS. I would be up for a neutral site game as well, similar to our game against TTU at the Dickies Arena. Ideally, playing in the Toyota Center here in Houston, with UH season tix holders and students receiving tickets as part of their season ticket deal, similar to the our FB games at NRG.

3 Likes