Because we didn't learn the first time from Levine

I’m done with Applewhite. It’s clear he’s another Levine. What is his buyout? We also don’t have a QB. I’m ready to see what King can do. We are looking at 6-5 at this point…maybe.

1 Like

That one pass King had looked great.

2 Likes

Applewhite is not a coach. I think we’re learning that now. He looks like Brown at Texas during his going down years. He’s a cowardly play caller. Yes, Postma is not a QB but as long as he doesn’t have to make many decisions, he’ll have to do. As far as the Ocoordinator Johnson, is he calling these horrible plays. Who is making decisions for the offense. And did our Dback really have to stay in a zone the entire time. The sign of good coaching imho is the adjustments made at the half. We’ve not made any this year by all appearances. PLEASE, PLEASE get rid of Applewhite. At the least, next year he needs to get a real O coordinator and leave him alone.

This

Is quickly turning into H-Town Giveaway. We have lost all momentum. I don’t know what the attendance was tonight but I expect it to be around 25k or less for the ECU game when we come in with a 4-4 record. It definitely feels like Tony Levine is running the program again.

I liked Levine, thought he was a super nice guy and feel the same way about Applewhite. I hope he can bring in better coordinators and turn this ship around before it runs ashore.

Go Coogs!

It’s the continued bad play calling. I’m assuming they aren’t letting Postma call his own plays. It it’s Johnson, man up and fire him. I’m afraid we have shades of Brown in Applewhite. No guts or imagination.

Note: I’m moving all Levine threads into this thread. Sorry, folks, we don’t need 3-4 “Applewhite is Levine” threads going.

2 Likes

You were here last weekend right?

24 hour rule bro

Applewhite is like Levine in that he looks way over is head. Also his coordinator hires look dubious on both ends at this point.

But he hasn’t approached the scope of losses Tony had, yet. This year so far is looking a lot like Briles 1st and 3rd years. Mediocre except without any of the fun excitement to the offense.

1 Like

Briles inherited a team that had gone 0fer two seasons before. Applewhite inherited a team that beat Florida State in a NY6 bowl two seasons before.

You’re right. Applewhite isn’t Levine. Levine’s offense averaged more points per game.