OT - Houston Rockets

I guess I didn’t see it from that perspective. Not many teams have won a playoff series against them. I guess all those other teams are their rivals too.

Huh. You losing me. Calling it a night. Out!

1 Like

Good night!

Every team that has taken GS to 7 since KD joined is their rival.

2 Likes

Are some folks on here really arguing over the use of the term “rival”. Houston and Golden State take it to each other, both are gritty and have super stars. GS has stood in the way of the Rockets for 5 years, The teams get chippy and don’t really like each other much.

If that’s not a rival, than I don’t know what is.

4 Likes

It’s crazy how good some of our Rockets teams have been during this past decade and late 2000’s. We have just run into some heavy weights (Lakers and Warriors).

1 Like

Like the Steelers were to the Oilers in the 70s.

2 Likes

I don’t think we were rivals until last year. Getting wrecked one year in the conference finals and then in a 1-8 matchup isn’t really a rivalry. However, last year we took them to 7 in a series the Rockets probably win without the CP3 injury and had gone 2-1 against them in the regular season. This year we went 3-1 against them in the regular season and have them in a fierce 2-2 playoff series. It is for sure a rivalry now.

I think we’ve been rivals ever since this game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a7M__7s8pA

1 Like

Rockets rivals in my lifetime have ranged from the Seattle SuperSonics, Utah Jazz, NY Nicks, Orlando Magic, San Antonio Spurs, Dallas Mavericks, and lately GS Warriors. Basically anyone who stands in our way of winning an NBA championship is considered a Rockets rival.

1 Like

Man, I remember when the Mavericks were good in the late 2000’s and my roommate at UH was from Dallas. They would ALWAYS beat us and I would have to live with his bragging. I’m glad they have sucked lately.

Boston Celtics, LA Lakers…

They had their opportunity with KD being out. Very frustrating.

2 Likes

What a series. Gritty as heck. The Splash Brothers took over. Love him or hate him, I hope Durant didn’t blow his achilles they are saying calf strain.

Home court seems to be the magic this series.

1 Like

that is exactly whst I was thinking…

He still will miss the rest of this series. He needs rest, tho, or he can really hurt that achilles playing with a hurt calf. With his impeding free agency coming up, he’ll play it safe.

Saying it’s calf strain for sure, no achilles. He definitely will miss Friday’s game. So it’s likely the series goes to a game 7, though Houston will still have to be careful with the Warriors in game 6, They won a championship without Durant and they have the same lineup.

1 Like

Matt Thomas I thought said Durant is out for thr Series…

He’s a Horn, but PJ Tucker had the best quote about yesterday’s game. Team just didn’t come out with the same intensity that they had in Game 3 and 4. Maybe having their backs against the wall again will fire them up. They can win this series, but they have to play hard all the time.

3 Likes

The description of how the injury initially felt sure makes me think its some sort of an achillies tear. Its almost always described like that.