Big 12 awards announced

I think I may have just stumbled upon the dumbest post I’ve ever seen on a message board in my life. Some of the BYU fans are upset that their coach didn’t win Big 12 COY, and I get it, but this comment floored me :rofl:

2 Likes

Well if you have a bunch of 7’ 5 Stars like we do, is it really coaching to win every game but 3 while in the Best conference in NCAA basketball?

10 Likes

just roll the balls out

5 Likes

Man, JoJo is going to be so special. Can’t wait to see the leap he makes next year.

1 Like

Don’t forget that UH had to fight against the blue blood and legacy snobbery to win these B12 awards. It’s like a prize fight. All things equal, the champion retains the title. The challenger must clearly beat the champion. After Kansas game, UH left no doubt who the best team, coach, POY and defensive POY were.

3 Likes

Youngsters might not get the reference, so I’ll help.

Idiots used to say “Guy V doesn’t deserve HOF because with all that talent he just has to roll the balls out”.

7 Likes

That’s what they used to say about Coach Lewis. Different circumstances, but that term turns my stomach.

Just like Guy.

LOL, beat me to it. See the post above.

Wow, the Chronicle talks about our awards too.

1 Like

Man that reminded me when dumbass Jerry Jones told the media/Jimmy Johnson there are 500 head football coaches that can win the Super Bowl with the team he assembled together in the 90s. Look what happen to the Cowboys since. Idiotic to not give the head coach any credit for winning.

3 Likes

Of course they would

One could say that the “Chronicle” is a “T shirt” fan . . . . .

1 Like

East /West coast press bias. Always looked down on BB played in Texas. Until here recently they have to admit the B12 which is still a Texas centric conference is the best CBB conference in the country. There choking, still while their saying it

1 Like

JoJo has pretty decent hands already.

2 Likes

Well he found one coach who could, Switzer. The team pretty much fell apart after 1995.

1 Like

“I’m almost old enough to resemble that remark.”

– Timmy Longballs

:sob:

1 Like

I mean, technically, 2 different head coaches did win the title for them in the 90’s.

With good reason. Texas is football state and the best athletes focused on football, as did the coaches. The national opinion until about the 1980s was that Texas had great athletes playing basketball, but they were not fundamentally sound.

That’s where the crap came from about Guy V just rolling the balls out for practice lie came from. They just wanted to disparage Guy V and Texas ball since we were the pinnacle of it. Texas BB was a wide open run and gun type game with a full court press D. East and West press knew that but didn’t appreciate it like it should have been. It wasn’t Philly or NYC ball or Marquette ball it was Houston ball. Funny thing about it Guy V had a lot of NYC recruits who came too play for him.

1 Like