Big 12 fans reaction to UH being added

Except for the occasional kid that wants to leave town for college. We also have to beat those teams. But yes, I’m with you that recruiting just got a lot more fun.

I’m loving this also!!!

Yeah. There will always be those kids. But we should win a lot more than we lose for Houston kids when we go up against Tech, Baylor, TCU, and Okie State. And they are scared about that.

1 Like

Texas Tech has the least to worry about, I think. If anything, we make a decent “partner” for them as part of a package to the PAC-12.

TCU and Baylor should be more concerned since they’re going to have a harder time getting in simply because they’re there.

I heard that as well. It had me concerned because that’s the sort of thing you do when you do not expect to stay there long.

Next door neighbor (Tech Alumnus) & Neighbor 2 doors down (BU Alumnus) are pumped and very excited for me, my wife and UH. Should make for some interesting block parties, if the final 4 build up was a small taste.

2 Likes

Seriously?? I don’t think anyone sane from UH would go near him with a 10ft pole. Who in the world wants his fake kisses?

2 Likes

We’re in the recruiting hotbed of the country, they’re all terrified. I care not what they think.

I guarantee that now with P5 status, we’ll impact Whorn and Gaggie recruiting more than any other B12 school.

It’s not official yet.

1 Like

I want to win. That hasn’t happened since he left. Him or someone like him is what I want to be competitive again, especially if we move into this tougher conference. I hope Holgerson can get it turned around though.

1 Like

They do? I haven’t seen that.

Let’s be real we’ve all been doing the same thing this week

Honestly, the four of us of BYU, UH, UC, and UCF are saving the Big 12 from extinction or demotion to CUSA or Mountain West levels.

This is the best possible option for the Big 12 Leftovers. It doesn’t get any better than this. The PAC didn’t want to merge with them nor do a scheduling alliance. The PAC dumped that idea in a NY minute and did a scheduling alliance with B1G and the ACC. The PAC did not want to expand with any of the Big 12 Leftovers and if they do expand into Texas, UH will be their leading target in Texas.

The B1G isn’t showing any interest in Kansas (basketball isn’t enough with their weak football program), and no interest in Iowa St with Iowa already representing from that state and market. WVU hasn’t seen any interest from the SEC nor ACC.

No other P5 has shown any interest at all in the Big 12 Leftovers. We offer them the brightest set of lights at this time. Their Sugar Daddies can 't move along fast enough to the SEC.

UH is bringing the #4 city in the country which will be #3 in the future and the 8th largest tv market along with #17 Orlando, #30 in SLC greater area, and #36 in Cincy. These four are adding far more value to the Big 12 per university than the Big 12 Leftovers have per university. With UT and OU gone, where is the market in the Big 12? Sorry, small private school TCU is a Fort Worth school and doesn’t bring the DFW market.

The Big 12 needs us four far more than we need the Leftovers. Instead of being resentful, they out to be kissing our butts for taking a risk on them.

Overall, I have found TX Ags and the Whorns as being fairly positive towards this move. Of course UT desire this to go through ASAP for they figure they’ll be able to get the hell out of Dodge the sooner us four are added to the Big 12.

3 Likes

The management of Texas Tech is horrible.

Tech started receiving NRUF money at the same time as UH. They have not accomplished anything. UCF, USF, Cincinnati, and UH are all ranked by Top American Research Universities. Tech is not.

UH needs a partner to join the PAC. None exists. Tech was rejected as a potential addition to the PAC by the Navigate study. UH might already have an invitation from the PAC if Tech was any good.

Respect not.

We were still only the #36 recruiting class with all that plus the rare Ed Oliver situation who would not have been here if his brother wasn’t on the team.

Of the leftover Big 12 teams, TCU has done the best over the last 5 years with 4 classes in the 20s, one bad class. The top half typically fall between 30-50. I assumed Oklahoma St was better but usually around #40, same for West Virginia and Baylor. I think we should be able to be in the top 40 consistently and sneak into the top 25 coming off good seasons.

2 Likes

It feels good seeing everyone excited but I agree…not in the big 12 yet. I’ll wait until we actually get in. For now beat tech!

This!

1 Like

On the other side of the spectrum:
Links to AAC leftovers reactions here.
It ranges from furious to numb.
Didn’t bother w Tulsa.
What does the AAC do next? - #17 by SampsonCoachingTree

1 Like

I would add a % are coming around to reality and rationalizing they need UH to make a serious attempt to get a fair share of TX PUF funds.