Big 12 Meeting

The other 8 voted against us because UT told them to.

Big 12 is going to make a plan.

So, there is no folder in a locked cabinet somewhere in their office with a doomsday plan if UT and/or OU left.

1 Like

No the others don’t want UH because of recruiting. UT does not give a crap they will get 5 star players with UH in the conference

How does Leftover 8 expect to recruit in Houston with 0 presence here? If true, that’s so backward thinking. Expect mId-tier SEC schools to get more 3* recruit that normally would go to tech, bu, and osu.

1 Like

Title of that article sent my mind straight to No Country for Old Men.

1 Like

Honestly, I never hear, nor have I ever heard another conference belly-aching about not bringing a school in because of recruiting.

I know Houston has talent but it seems they have the whole hypothesis upside down.

You mean to tell me twelve teams can recruit against one another (including against UT and ATM) in Houston and do so successfully. But recruiting against UH is going to sink the whole group’s recruiting?? Hell, we didn’t sink their recruiting in the SWC.

There’s more to it.

5 Likes

I know
 i doubt the SEC arguments against UT and OU were that they’d steal recruits

3 Likes

I don’t think their negativity against us is really nefarious. I think its just anti-big city and its just plain, ol’ SWC mischief. Its typical country boy stuff. Most of those yahoos don’t or can’t identify with a cosmopolitan metropolis. They think their dirt road country-clubber lifestyle is the top of the heap. I think they actually look down on us because, in their eyes, big cities are dirty and complicated.

And they’re rebelling against that concept.

1 Like