Big 12 positioning itself to expand....espn taking aim

No that is not true, only about 1k were shocker fans, but still, sucky attendance

But we also had the Warriors VS Rockets game going on as well. It’s really difficult for UH athletics to take center stage in Houston when the Pro teams have success.

This thread is so misleading!

This is a fan based commentary on what they’d like to happen with no substance.

Nothing to see here…

4 Likes

You surely do not know how to estimate crowds.

1 Like

There were a lot of Shocker fans, more than any other school ever brings other than UT or ATM. As I waited for a friend, I watched the crowd file in. It was easily 10-1 Coog fans.

2 Likes

Okay with Jfournet’s response. No need to argue. Think it was more closer to 30%, but no one was counting. I agree with Coog20. Hard to compete with the professionals.

Really no need to get personal PtbUHx.

1 Like

The Rockets weren’t playing at 11:00 am, the Cougars were.

2 Likes

But when people have the choice between purchasing tickets for a UH basketball vs Wichita State game or the Rockets vs the Golden State Warriors, people will lean towards the Rockets game.

Some would; I would not!

1 Like

IMHO, night and day difference between college bb and pro bb. Saturday, you saw 40 minutes of all out effort beginning @ 11 AM. Watching the pro game from my living room recliner. I saw streaks of effort, but nothing like that I had witnessed earlier. I’ll always watch college before pro bb . . . . .

1 Like

I have a sour taste for that conference anymore. They should be embarrassed for the way they toyed with expansion (it was a farce to begin with, imo), obviously played politics, showed a fear of Houston taking a bigger piece of the Texas high school players, and then was OUTCLASSED by the American and other peon universities.

Completely agree. I don’t watch the NBA.

Politicians have seldom done anything for any college athletics program. Members of the Texas legislature did in ‘94 when a few Tech and Baylor alums helped to ensure that those two schools got into the Big 12 with Texas and A&M. But today the two most powerful figures in state government are from Houston, the UH president and alumni organizations have ingratiated themselves to state pols, and as much as anything budget hawks don’t want to keep paying the multi-million dollar annual subsidy for UH athletics.

Big 12 is a track conference, maybe not SEC crazy, but they love their T&F. Don’t forget about these guys.

4 Likes

West Virginia rifle team got them in and nothing else. We need a rifle team.

4 Likes

I think we are more geared to be a sec team

1 Like