Big12 Expansion Basketball edition

Why not Memphis? They have proven they can bring 5 star athletes and really help the Big 12 image

True. Paying baylor, tech, Kansas 2x a year would be crazy

7 NCAA Bids this year for B12 including the champion.

Subtract UT & Okie add UH = still the best or 2nd best hoop conf.

This would be an upgrade of monumental proportions.

1 Like

Donā€™t forget Cincy can hoop too and will get back to their form with Big 12 recruiting.

1 Like

I believe you are right about the timing. I think the money stays with the conference, but it would be more than offset with the money the B12 brought in during the same tournament

After Iā€™ve thought about it some more, does the money actually go to the conference, or does it go to each team? If the latter, UH should be able to take its share with it to the Big 12 and the other AAC schools continue receiving their shares.

1 Like

I like to have either BU or KU as our first B12 home game. College Game Day on campus for the game. Fertitta Center/campus will be rocking for days prior to the game. Imagine what the students line will be for that game.

1 Like

Slow down. You making coffee nervous! :grimacing:

3 Likes

Iā€™m REALLY glad I got my season tickets this year. I have a feeling finding season tickets in the very near future is going to be a problem if FC capacity stays at 8500.

2 Likes

FC capacity is 7100 and donā€™t think it can be expanded. Our season tickets are golden. Resale values will be skyrocketed.

3 Likes

FC does not hold 8500. Capacity is 7100 after the remodel.

Edit: thatā€™s why in a different post i said even when itā€™s announced as sellout, thereā€™s usually 5500-6500 butts in the seats.

My bad. First Google search that game up said 8490 capacity. Not sure why. But my point remains the same. Really glad Iā€™m in now. I know the cost will go up significantly, but at least my place in line is secured.

2 Likes

Np. 8500 was capacity when the remodel was done to the Hoff. Then when they gutted the total inside the new FC stands at 7100.

1 Like

Totally agree. Weā€™re better than Texas at the moment in a ā€œlesserā€ conference and were better than them for the vast majority of time in the SWC to the extent history matters. OU is a pretty good program but Cincy and BYU offset. UCF has been okay and has some potential.

This would be a KILLER basketball conference.

Consensus Top Three every year; #1 in really good years.

Six or more tourney teams annually.

SURE HOPE IT HAPPENS!!!

3 Likes

This gives a little insight. It is split amongst the teams already. Looks like it was a good year for the AAC:

And another interesting story on how the NCAA tournament payouts are calculated based on several years:

1 Like

Iā€™m glad I have season tickets

2 Likes

Iā€™m going to assume the Big 12 will go back to divisions once this is complete. I was thinking it may look like this.

North

BYU
Kansas
Kansas St
WV
Cincy
Iowa St

South

TCU
Tech
Ok St
UH
Baylor
UCF

1 Like

This basketball conference is a juggernaut. My goodness.

Iowa State needs to get back to the Fred Hoiberg years. ASAP.

3 Likes