Big12 Pack12 merger

https://247sports.com/college/oklahoma/Article/Conference-realignment-Big-12-Bob-Bowlsby-Pac-12-George-Kliavkoff-meeting-about-possible-merger-scheduling-agreement-168659731/?fbclid=IwAR09mo8g3RF5ZkQE0HnZg6K-_J3wtyVHu0FuWA2zQfeFo9qoGpWoWNucrTY

We are going to enhance your brand UCLA, USC and Stanford by allowing you to play Kansas State and Baylor. What do you say?

13 Likes

So Bowlsby lied yesterday saying he hasn’t talked to any conferences or schools abt realignment.

7 Likes

PAC12 …“You want us to take on Waco but not Houston”

LOL

13 Likes

I mean Bowlsby has to try right? Even if it’s doomed to fail, he’s got to try.

USC, UCLA or Stanford going to Waco muhahahaha

5 Likes

Don’t be surprised if some games get scheduled. Easier to do for hoops and baseball than football. Makes both Kliavkoff and Bowlsby look proactive.

Yesterday 3 Texas schools testified they were worth $14 million per year, tops. The PAC distributed over $30 million to member schools. Do the math.

4 Likes

If you were a cheerleader at USC would you want to be trapped in a stadium with Baylor’s football team?

4 Likes

Maybe PAC needs a backup plan if they get raided. Remnants merge with big12 remnants to form the best non-power conference around!

Color me skeptical of even that possibility

That “Pack12” is bothering me a little bit. :joy:

2 Likes

EAD!!

1 Like

PAC-12 vs 12 PACK

5 Likes

There IS NO MERGER…its a scheduling alliance where PAC will play Big 12 schools in a few games…whoopie…

1 Like

Not sure if this is an apples to apples comparison but it is something to think about.

When the Astros were “forced” to move to the American League our new owner asked for a rebate from MLB for the NL agreed upon purchase price.

Why? Because he proved that the team value of the markets in the NL was more valuable than the team value of the markets in the AL.

True, New York has its dominant team in the AL but Chicago and Los Angeles has their secondary teams parked in the AL.

The AL has Boston and Toronto but Tampa Bay, Oakland, Kansas City, Seattle are considered lower tier markets.

The NL has Philadelphia, San Francisco, Atlanta, Miami among others.

I say this to point out that IF the PAC is looking to make a risky strategic entry into the state of Texas, Texas Tech is NOT head and shoulders more valuable than UH excluding market.

They aren’t Alabama. So, the PAC would have to put value in the fact that the larger public university in the state of Texas is also in a larger market.

No Brainer to me…UH is their #1 target, of what is left, if they are looking to enter the Texas market and politics does not force their hand

2 Likes

We are shafted again.

1 Like

Let’s see, PAC can have scheduling alliance with the BIG, or they can have one with the Irate 8.

Rose Bowl, Michigan, Ohio State… or Whatever Bowl, Kansas State, Baylor.

Hmmmm…

1 Like

“Are you high”?? Is what I would say, idk about y’all

Merger? Very doubtful. Scheduling alliance? Possible, but more likely with the Big 10 or ACC.

2 Likes

200 (1)

7 Likes

"PAC12 …“You want us to take on Waco but not Houston”

How about this possibility…WVU gets invited to the ACC. The remaining 7 merge with the PAC 12. THEN THE MAGIC HAPPENS…Houston is invited to even out at 20 teams…the Pac 12 puts Utah, and Colorado in a 10 team EAST DIVISION…OR…it could split into 4 (5) team divisions creating the first playoffs leading to a conference Championship. I think that would be pretty cool if it can be done.