Bill Wagner: AAC officials must be held accountable

http://www.capitalgazette.com/sports/navy_sports/ac-cs-officiating-column-20181016-story.html

Apparently, we are not alone in complaining about the level (or lack thereof) of officiating in the AAC.

1 Like

I don’t know if they’re actually worse this year, but it sure seems like it. And I don’t mean just for our games. I have watched other AAC games and have been scratching my head about numerous calls. Not only are they making questionable calls at times they seem to be completely lost on the whole situation. The easiest example is with the third down call against ECU. They looked completely lost and didn’t know what to do and then finally made a decision, which was the wrong one.

2 Likes

We share refs with the ACC so I wonder if they have similar complaints.

The problem with criticizing officials and being an official is the only time you’re highlighted is on a missed call or perceived missed call. I’m not talking about holding calls everyone screams about. I’m talking about big misses, like two forward passes on the same play.

How many do they get right vs what they miss? I’m sure they get graded weekly but I’m not sure what data is used to evaluate them.

makes me wonder if we are getting the lowest rated refs while the ACC gets the highest rated refs

4 Likes

They could be making sure to send AAC the crappiest ones.

1 Like

The problem with that is when they get it wrong even w replay. Which they did at least twice in our game vs ECU.

3 Likes