Birden OK?

Seems like he was knocked unconscious during Temple. Any word?

I noticed that too. I’m writing my pregame preview and the only injury we’ve heard about is Big Ed. I know Emeke Egbule left with what looked like a hand injury. Jeremy Winchester left late in the fourth. Birden early in the second half. Not sure of the status of any of them. That’s four starters, three on defense against a dangerous SMU offense.

Is Adams ok? He could not straighten his knee in the 4th qtr vs Temple?

He came back in and finished the game

1 Like

Thanks Jimmy…

Adams’ injury looked like a cramp. At least that was my thought when he was walking off the field.

I was right behind the bench at the game.

Birden was walking around the sideline after he came out. he had his helmet at first, but not later–not sure if it was taken or if he put it down somewhere.

But he was spoken too on several occasions by coaches. Appeared to me he wanted back in and they wanted to keep him out. It appeared it was a precaution.

He appeared fine after the hit. I’m guessing he’s fine this week.

1 Like

App I have that shows scores and upcoming games has an injury report for both UH and SMU:

SMU:
DB J. Wyatt is upgraded to probable Saturday vs. Houston-IR-Shoulder
DB C. Davis “?” Saturday vs. Houston-IR-Ankle
OL J. Todora “?” Saturday vs Houston-IR-Leg

Houston:
CB A Myres “?” Saturday vs. SMU-IR-Undisclosed
DT E. Oliver “?” Saturday vs. SMU-IR-Knee

Yet to see the field through 2.5 quarters vs SMU, from what I can tell.

He’s probably not 100% then.

He was dressed and had his helmet at times. Coaches must have just wanted to go without him tonight.

“He was kind of stiff all week and couldn’t get any physical reps,” Applewhite sad. “He couldn’t take any contact throughout the week. Going through warm-ups it was one of those situations - is a guy thinking about his neck better off going in than a guy who is completely fresh?”