Bizarre hit piece on Case Keenum

Just don’t understand this, and the lengths this guy goes to is just bizarre. Came out today after Keenum’s career day.

You get more clicks with these types of articles… Don’t even give this guy the “clicks.”

3 Likes

FTW is more on par with what a modern fannation was where independent ‘columnists’ can pen their opinions. And this writer looks to be no more than recent college grad to boot.

His biggest leap was in the closing - Keenum can’t possibly take the Vikes to a SB win, but Bridgewater (at the top of his game) can.

It’s an even greater odd that a guy with no NFL snaps since August 2016 would play well enough to do something Keenum couldn’t.

3 Likes

I mean Bridgewater was doing prettty good but he wasn’t Deshaun Watson… I don’t get it either. All Case does is keep winning as a starter.

3 Likes

Not giving him the click.

4 Likes

The kid needs to look at Bridgewaters stats before writing an article that has its main complaint against Keenum as being to careless with the ball.

In 2015 TB threw 9 picks vs 14 TDs. Even after the last two errant throws in Washington, Case only has 5 picks vs 11 TDs so far this year.

Advantage Case.

4 Likes

Besides, how long has Bridgewater been on the shelf? I mean, he’s got to be rusty.

He also makes the assumption Keenum would slump next year because Ryan Fitzpatrick did??

I agree it’s a click bait article, and tremendously unfair to the team and Keenum. Just mean-spirited at its core for no reason.

1 Like

Fake news.

There are some in the Minnesota blogging community that seem to want Bridgewater and are downplaying anything Case does. Saw a similar article last week on SBNation that went on and on about how Case was due to fall on his face and how he was missing easy throws so they should start Bridgewater. Sadly, a lot of the comments, and there were a lot, supported the train of thought. Reminded me of Case’s Texan days which caused me to swear off the Texans SBNation site.

So far, Zimmer and management aren’t succumbing to the pressure like the weak-willed Texans did. Hopefully, Case keeps rewarding them.

1 Like

Case likes to say that “I play to prove people right that have been in my corner and been supporting me my whole life”, he has plenty of those supporters here in Houston, go get those Ws

4 Likes

Like Coach Yeoman says, “Its tough to be a Cougar”.

3 Likes

I was downplaying this as a local article written by a young fan but yahoo has it on their front page!!! WTF!!!

And then there is this…

Hate, Hate, Hate, Hate, Hate…

Unless you have a Manning-Osweiller situation you don’t pull the QB who is leading your team to the playoffs.

As much as I love Case – his UH jersey (er, a #7 UH jersey from a player whose identity could not possibly be known) is hanging on my wall – this criticism seemed pretty fair, and well-supported with video evidence.

1 Like

How is it fair? It’s lose-lose and a fallacy. If Case has a bad game (every QB does), then the echo chamber will say “See, I am right!”. You don’t bench a QB when your team is winning. All Case does it get better.

Especially in a league where so many QBs are paid zillions and perform far worse than Case.

How does this article help anything? For anybody?

You don’t bench a QB when your team is winning unless the guy coming back from injury is an All-Star and clearly much better than the current guy.

Fact is, while Teddy was playing good back in 2015 its wasn’t appreciably better than Case and can easily shown to be slightly worse.

The only reason they would do this is to ensure Teddy gets some meaningful snaps before they have to decide on who to keep in the off season. However, Case has now shown them that he can do pretty much exactly what they were paying Teddy for…and would have to pay Teddy a lot, lot more since he still might hold some of that ‘1st round pick’ cache/value.

The Viks have three QB’s with contracts ending. Going to be a wild off season for them.

Sam is on IR and done. Does it make more or less financial sense to have Teddy sit on the bench while they play Case’s hot hand or let him in and let him prove what he can do? Another question is, will Teddy be the ‘team player’ he is now when its the off season if he didn’t get that chance to prove himself again? If he thinks the reason was financial though then I doubt he’d be very happy come the off season. Going to have to know his ego and it might play a part of their decision.

1 Like

Its fair criticism if you are concerned about continuing to make your financial commitment to Bridgewater without seeing if he is completely recovered. However, is that worth disrupting a Play-Off/Super Bowl run by benching your hottest quarterback. How often does that happen? If Case keeps going strong, the Vikings will have would be crazy to forego that. I would see how far Case could take them before I would bring in Bridgewater.

1 Like

Unless the Vikings are cashing this year in, why on earth would they use important games to “evaluate” TB for next year?

TB can easily be evaluated next year without throwing a wrench into the middle of a playoff run.

Did you actually read the full article? Because this comment reads like you stopped after the headline. The article makes a really solid argument that Case is getting anomalously good results on passes that aren’t that good, and we should expect that to change. I think the “bench him for Bridgewater to see what Bridgewater has” conclusion is a pretty huge reach, especially given that the coaching staff sees both guys in practice every day – honestly, it reads like something the editor threw in to grab clicks – but the 2015 Fitzpatrick comparison is likely a good one.