Bocanegra Announces Staff Promotions

http://www.uhcougars.com/sports/w-soccer/spec-rel/120117aaa.html

“I’m excited to announce the promotion of Blair to Associate Head Coach,” said Bocanegra. “From the moment Blair first set foot on campus at UH, he has been on a mission to elevate our soccer program in every aspect. As a former Division I head coach and long-time Pac-12 assistant, he understands the daily grind our profession requires in order to have success. His soccer I.Q., work ethic, knowledge, ability to teach and passion for the game are just a few of the reasons I am grateful to have him next to me leading this program.”

Quinn primarily worked on the defensive side of the ball in 2017, leading the Cougars to their highest save total since the 2014 season. Under his guidance, Houston posted three shutouts, with primary goalkeeper Rachel Estopare earning a pair of American Athletic Conference Weekly honors.

“I am honored and thankful for, not only the promotion, but for the opportunity to work with Diego, Danesha, Cami and our team,” said Quinn. “I’m excited to help push this team and program forward to new heights.”

In 2017, Adams worked on the offensive side of the ball where she helped guide the Cougars to their highest scoring total since 2011. Under her tutelage Houston scored 29 goals and posted 23 assists for a total of 81.

“I am proud to announce Danesha’s promotion to Recruiting Coordinator,” Bocanegra said. “She has the incredible gift of connecting with people, especially the young women we coach and recruit. In her time as a player, she has traveled the world and has made connections on multiple continents. As a role model, Danesha’s accomplishments give these young women something to strive for in their own careers. Couple this with her eye for talent and I wouldn’t want anyone else leading the charge in our efforts to attract top players from around the world.”

“I am really excited for the opportunity to continue to help this team grow,” said Adams. “Diego has done a great job. Giving me the opportunity to be involved in the recruiting process and to know the he trust me in this role, makes it even sweeter. I know it is going to be a big responsibility, but with these two guys by my side I know I will be able to be successful.”