BOOM - C/O '19 OL Patrick Paul from Jersey Village commits (Update:Signed)

the poster is a different Patrick

2 Likes

Patrick still have eligibility left?

1 Like

Maybe as a water boy :joy: Wife would kill me if I even thought about it.

1 Like

Because winning the Armed Forces Bowl doesn’t matter. Do you ever think about how we won the '08 Armed Forces Bowl? Or lost the '09 one? I don’t.

Having 1 more year of Clayton Tune is worth a lot more than winning a no-name bowl game.

3 Likes

No but getting our arse kicked 70-14, everyone remembers that still to this day!!!

No it’s not. I respectively disagree. You play to win the bowl game.

1 Like

We can still redshirt Tune this year unless King gets hurt early. We can use Tune in 4 games and also use Holgorsen in 4 games.

1 Like

Yeah, we sure did that in Fort Worth.

Imagine how bad it would have been without Tune.

1 Like

You play to win EVERY game. Otherwise you should shutter the program.

Supporting anything else is akin to supporting the theory that we beat FSU in the Peach Bowl because they didn’t care about the game.

He played in the offensive backfield of opposing teams
 maybe that caused the confusion.

Maybe we shouldn’t accept bowl invitations anymore. College football used to be all about the bowl games. Now we have a 100 teams playing for four playoffs spots or the season is over. Minor league pros

Burning a future season of eligibility (12-14 games, potentially) for 1 game doesn’t make any sense. I mean, the numbers 12, 13 and 14 were bigger than 1 last I checked. Just the basic math of it doesn’t make sense.

The only scenario in which it would’ve hypothetically made sense to burn Tune’s redshirt at the very end of the season is if we’d beaten Memphis and gone to the AAC title game. Of course at that point its all hands on deck, but geez not for a pre-Christmas bowl game.

Thankfully, the good news here is we have a coach who will consider this program’s big picture and manage the roster accordingly.

2 Likes

It’s not like Tune is any good. It’s possible he never plays for us again. His release is too slow for college. If King goes down this year we are in trouble. ie Army

Early call. You might want to give him a chance with a real coaching staff first !

1 Like

I’ve seen enough of Tune. You’re right it’s a small sample size. The reason he was pressured and sacked so many times is because he held on to the ball too long. I don’t know if there’s a QB on the roster that I would rather see play over Tune, but I’m hopeful we recruit more talent at the position.

I think you do your job as a head coach and you stick Dormady in there (or you don’t stick the freshman in there in mop-up time against ECU earlier in the season). We basically wasted a scholarship on him and then the coaching staff let him go when they needed him most. Roster management was awful over the past 3 seasons.

And it was 70-14
really doesn’t matter how much worse it would get with someone else in there
it was already a record for worst bowl blowout.

3 Likes

Best o-lineman since Josh Jones.

1 Like

Still our best o-lineman since Josh Jones

3 Likes

Going out on a limb with that hot take.

2 Likes