BOOM! c/o 2020 Kiyron Powell Commits (Update: Signed)

You’re asking the wrong dude. Red80 says agents and leaches told Armoni he would be drafted. He should fill us in on what went down!

1 Like

Right. I’m not saying I know how Armoni ultimately came to the decision. If Red doesn’t know then I don’t think it’s cool to put on our message board that’s why he stayed in the draft. If Red does know specifics, then I’m interested in hearing them.

If we bring in talented guys, they will leave early. Let’s just keep bringing in talents guys and enjoy them while they are here.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/KHoops9/status/1184216595943563266?s=20

6 Likes

In all honestly Armoni was who he was going to be. Sometimes they are just ready to move on and make a living and the NBA is not the only option.

4 Likes

I’m surprised how many people were upset in him going to the NBA as I was, but I got over it quick once I found out Grimes was interested in UH. He has more on his toolbox :wrench: than Armani ever had at UH.

1 Like

You know, you could just wish Armoni well. Don’t understand the need for people to take shots at 18-22 year old kids. That’s just me.

9 Likes

It’s a discussion/ conversation forum. People will always disagree on takes but at the end of the day we’re all Coogs and wish them the best :raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands:

5 Likes

So your approval of what decisions an unpaid student athlete makes with their life is contingent upon who we can line up to replace him?

Nice.

Acknowledging his posts only encourages him to continue. There is a pattern.

1 Like

Good point.

https://twitter.com/PCBXLeague/status/1185958408467505152

7 Likes

He probably going to sky rocket up the rankings. Looks so fluid out there.

2 Likes

I’m perfectly content making deep runs. Eventually you break through. But I wouldn’t break furniture if we didn’t do it this year. I’m energized at the thought of our program being in Sampson family hands. As long as that is the case we’re on an upward trajectory.

6 Likes

There is just so much money out there you can’t blame a kid for being lured in that direction. Armani was a borderline but for reasons only he knows he decided to opt . Regardless he will be able to make a living playing the game he loves somewhere.
BTW, I really believe some of these kids out of high school should be able to opt for the pros if they can. I think it would help clean up college hoops to a degree…that way the AAU pimps could talk straight to the league and forget about the big money colleges.
Regardless, a kid could still take his name out of the draft if needed, and then the pimps could go after the collegiate money LOL

1 Like

When Armoni left, I wished him well and thanked him for his time here. I don’t know why he decided to go; but I assumed he was being told he would be drafted. I know a lot of kids are constantly being told they are this or that by agents and especially leeches that hang on them hoping to get something out of them. I know we’ve all seen it over the years. I certainly meant no disparagment of Armoni; I do disparage all of the guys out there trying to exploit kids.

4 Likes

I think he was lied to. Nonetheless, I wish Armoni nothing but the best in his professional career.

1 Like

It’s coming…believe it’ll be implemented in 2021 or 2022. Kids that go to college will be required to stay in for two years. Won’t fix everything, but should help with some of the issues.

1 Like

The NCAA bb tournament is the unpredictable event I’ve seen in team sports… Just look at Virginia last year when they needed a miracle shot in the 2nd rd to advance. They got extremely lucky, considering they had just gotten upset by a 16 seed while being the overall number #1 seed in the tournament 2 years ago.

I would hope they make it 3 years like in football.

2 Likes