Boom! DT Jamykal Neal 6'-3" 315lb from Hutchinson C.C. commits to UH (Update: Signed)

Did not find a lot on this kid, but he was All Conference in HS, one year on the Offensive Line…It would be nice to see what he was graded at and who recruited him out of HS…

We’re tied for #2 with Cinci in the AAC average ranking, with 14 commits.

2 Likes

Digitx, that’s the important measure. Not quantity but quality!

3 Likes

Well we must be looking at two different sources, pretty sure mine was 247Sports and they had us #7 AAC n #83 Nationally. They even the latest commitments in there. Ranking of #2 sounds very generous w players that have been signed or committed. I question the #2 ranking from what’s been done at this point!

1 Like

Same source, different column. Hopefully you can read this

Yes, just looked again and they have #7 AAC and #84 Nationally and up to date. I date see a Class anywhere close to being #2 in AAC.

Don’t know if you caught my post before you sent that one?

It’s average star rating. Not class overall. We’re tied for second in average star rating.

3 Likes

Don’t know if you’re catching that us and Cinci having only 14 commitments as of when that list was put together but being #2 in average rating versus other teams with 18-22 commitments is a very good thing. Not being sarcastic, just speaking to the quality of players that we had signed. List hasn’t adjusted for the more recent players signed one way or another.

3 Likes

I don’t want to go real deep into bec looking at Recruiting real closely is not my to do in least bit. I just know if you go pull up UH under 247Sports they are ranked #7 AAC and #84 Nationally and that sounds about right based on who they have coming in. No head turners who are can’t miss. JMO, far from being heavily involved in Recruiting watch.

Works for me! I would like them to win the West Division in 2019 that would make me Happy ! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Absolutely!

UCF has 22 commits, Memphis has 20. SMU has 18. USF has 19. East Carolina has 19. If we had 22 commits, we would be number 1 or 2 in the conference.

2 Likes

How are we behind SMU and half the conference? Didn’t we get CMA specifically to get a recruiting advantage? That is embarrassing.

I think average rating per recruit is more indicative to the quality of athlete you are getting than the class ranking itself.

8 Likes

This is right.

3 Likes

We have been 3rd in rank per recruit (not overall class ranking) even when CMA was still coach. We had some defections and some additions. Overall we have remained 2nd/3rd in the conference. This is where we have ranked more often than not over the last 10 years. We only compete directly for recruits with 3 other conference schools: Tulsa, SMU, and Tulane. UCF and Cincy aren’t in our recruiting footprint.

What is hurting the overall class ranking is the amount of scholarships we had to give. We could only sign a reduced number of players. Partially, this is due to Applewhite’s use of graduate transfers last year.

4 Likes

DT Atlias Bell is the last expected signee, and he is rated higher than our current average ranking per recruit. So assuming he does sign, we would finish 2nd in the AAC behind only UCF in average ranking per recruit. That’s quite impressive given we just went through a coaching change.

3 Likes

Bell committed.

https://twitter.com/atlias_bell/status/1092954407673757696?s=21

https://twitter.com/atlias_bell/status/1092954407673757696?s=21

Unless Cincinnati or Memphis or SMU pulls in a highly rated guy in the 11th hour, we’ll have the 2nd highest average ranking per recruit in the AAC.

2 Likes

Love the 4-2-5 scheme.