Boom! DT Jamykal Neal 6'-3" 315lb from Hutchinson C.C. commits to UH (Update: Signed)

what do you mean last expected signee?? We have 4 scholarships to give…You really think CDH and his coaches are going to sit on their hands this week?? I dont…I am sure we have targets, including that Smith kid at corner who the aggies are NOT going to sign…i would EXPECT at least 2 more guys…

He’s the last one exp3cted to sign. Could be a surprise or two, but no one the coaches are banking on at this point.

Leaves 3 scholarships left.

1 Like

We have 4 left

4-2-5 is called a nickel defense. Every team runs this package at some point during a game. I like it better than 3-3-5

There is a cornerback they are hoping will sign. If so, we would have 3 scholarships left.

We lose someone else or did someone decommit or get pushed forward a class?

Got 5 grad transfers from last year
6 signed on campus
7 signed to NLIs from early signing day
4 committed but not signed

That’s 22

We only have 4 on campus. Plus Jordan Moore. Not 6.

He’s not coming. A&M missed out on their top two targets. They now have room for Smith.

Charles-Pierre, Edgeston, Moore, Payne, and Williams.

Is Mwaniki getting pushed to next year?

Not my information to pass on about Mwaniki. If you want the specifics on him, you’ll have to subscribe to Cougar’s Digest.

1 Like

What? LMAO :rofl: okay :ok_hand:

1 Like

Cougar’s Digest is the worst!

1 Like

Understood

That’s why I’m not big on these class rankings. I’m not sure why they go by overall points by default. It’s a bad system paired with basically ranking kids based on who is recruiting them. Obviously it feels good to get a kid that has offers from TCU and Texas Tech but if we sign a kid with a lower rating that is larger and faster and only recruited by Rice, better chance the second kid contributes more.

3 Likes

I think he just answered! :joy::joy:

1 Like

Had no idea who it was, just had heard there was another possible cornerback. That is too bad if it was him. We really could use two more cornerbacks in this class.

Bada Bing, Bada BOOM !!!
So very proud of our new coaching staff under CDH…hit the ground running HARD !!!
Go Coogs !!!

2 Likes

Slow my "tootsie roll’ or “jelly roll”? Hey Bryant…wake up from the Hargrave and get a sense of humor…It was a JOKE…you certainly know what that is…Don’t you???

https://twitter.com/UHCougarFB/status/1093139385065791489

3-3-5 is also the nickel, some teams will rotate in and out of a 4-2-5 and 3-3-5 presnap. It’s essentially the same thing if you ask me unless one is our base defense. Stuard would be an excellent guy to fill the nickel back spot. I just wonder how he’d do against big and athletic TEs.