Boom! DT Jamykal Neal 6'-3" 315lb from Hutchinson C.C. commits to UH (Update: Signed)

I’m pretty sure that the 4 man down nickel is gonna be our base. If we have fast linebackers there’s no reason in college football to ever play regular 4-3 base imo

1 Like

I agree.

It’s going to be great to have serious depth on the defensive line, assuming the juco guys are nearly as good as we’re expecting them to be. At NT, we now have Neal, Charles-Pierre, and Fleming could probably serve as a reserve at NT and DT much like Blake Young. At DT, I’m guessing Payton Turner, Atlias Bell, Fleming, and possibly Tahj Brown. Then we’d have Chambers, Payne, and Harris at DE. I’m thinking the bandit will probably be outside LBs from last year, maybe Godfrey and Anenih. We may be able to redshirt freshmen who played last year, such as Willie Smith and Logan Hall.

4 Likes

That would be great if we can redshirt Willie Smith and Logan Hall.

How many games did they play in last season? They might have received on last year.

I believe they play in a lot of games last year, especially Logan.

1 Like
2 Likes

Still might see the field due to switching to a 4 man front. If they’ve played in that many games and have had at least a full offseason in a (now legitimate) D1 S&C program, I don’t see why they can’t help out. Hall could be a real edge-setter with his length.