Boom! DT Jamykal Neal 6'-3" 315lb from Hutchinson C.C. commits to UH (Update: Signed)

https://twitter.com/almighty_jmike/status/1092875558940221444

7 Likes

Big Dude that can be a space eater in the middle for the Coogs on defense.

https://247sports.com/player/jamykal-neal-92464/

4 Likes

This makes 21 counted towards this class. We have another JUCO DT that will be signing tomorrow more than likely which gets us to 22.

1 Like

Another top 300 JUCO player. This is what real work looks like!

Go Coogs!

2 Likes

Are we running the 4-3? Seems strange to bring in two juco DTs if not.

Might run a rotation with 3 DTs in.

1 Like

New DC likes 4-2-5 and 3-3-5 sets.

6 Likes

Seems like there’s one more big splash for tomorrow

If we run the 4-2-5, then it makes sense. We have no shortage of DL returning next season.

1 Like

Welcome aboard, big fella!

Top 300?

According to 247 that is. They haven’t published his composite rankings.

This guy is going to be a monster. Ed who???

3 Likes

Man, I’m getting excited about the changes on defense. With our offense, we will definitely compete for the American title.

2 Likes

He wasn’t getting any P5 offers that I saw. Just saying .

I suspect the coaches felt the couple of guys we have currently slated for DT or noseguard were not capable. If so, you would want to go out and get 3 guys even running a 3-4 or 3-3-5. We have plenty of DL but they are all are more of a fit for DE not DT.

To me the two glaring holes in our defense in 2019 were DT and CB. It looks like we have filled the DT position. We have one CB but I would think the coaches would want to add two more to the group. I have hear rumors we may be on one other CB who if we were to get him could be a good get as well. But we will have to wait and see what Wednesday brings us.

1 Like

Ed who? Slow your roll there, I have serious doubts that this guy is going to come in and knock Ed Oliver off his pedestal as the best defensive player we’ve had in 20+ years.

2 Likes

Figuring those Akron, S.Alabama offers put him on elite status! :grin:

More excited to see what Coach Early can do with these guys. Going to be fun hopefully!

At this point so late in recruiting season wherever CDH can get some help it will have to suffice. Currently #7 in AAC recruiting (put most of that on CMA staff) , last year #5 AAC so well below avg imo . Sitting in the 80’s on Nat’l level so much improvement needs to be made if you want to see different results on the field. Coaches can only do so much. In future they need be top 3 every year in AAC recruiting to build and sustain power in their own Conf and no reason not to be top 40 Nat’l with the backyard they have a recruiting base. That needs to be the focus and I think the new staff realizes this but for now make do w what you have .

2 Likes