BOOM! Josh Carlton UCONN Center

Finally a 6-11, 240 lbs Center

Great 2pt dunker, about 60% ft shooter, used to cause us problems when we played uconn

10 Likes

Is he a rim protector?

1 Like

Yes averaged 1.8 blocks a.game when he started against us

5 Likes
2 Likes

Only averaged 11 min this year. Down from 20+ In 2019 & 2020. Averaged 9 pts in 2019 and 7.8 in 2020

1 Like

His minutes were down due to a freshman taking his minutes.

Carlton will be great for Kiyron Powell and Cheney to go up against in practice

2 Likes

Going to Costco to stock up on Tums. That free throw percentage at 60% is going to cause me some heartburn at some point.

Welcome Big Man! We need you!

6 Likes

The more I think about this, the more I like it. Mainly because he comes off of the books next year. And could really bring some value this season. Very solid add. We could still bring in 3 more.

7 Likes

Sampson knows best.

6 Likes

Is he good?

1 Like

Carlton is very good player! We could not guard him when he used to play against us, especially when we played at UCONN

Cool. I’m sure if he wants to see some mins he will need to buy into the Sampson philosophy of playing d and getting boards.

1 Like

I will leave that to the experts. I never saw Gorham contributing like he did this year.

2 Likes

Carlton is a non-raw Chris Harris with additional strength and big game experience

7 Likes

What does this mean for Powell? I have a feeling he might not be pleased with his. It looks like he was really wanting to be the starter next year…

1 Like

I will say this, if there is anything we needed on this team, it’s a 6-11 240 center.

7 Likes

I think his off-season work with Coach Bishop to get him a little more mobile and bouncy will be key. I can’t be mad at this pickup seeing how good Chris Harris was for the team.

2 Likes

This is an outstanding pick-up. A 6-11 post who can defend, rebound, and has offensive skills is a major get. We need someone who can play around the rim and protect the basket. This helps us match up with any team we play next year. We can go big or we can go small. A lot of flexibility.

This guy can obviously play and needs a fresh start. You can’t find 6-11 players with that kind of experience just anywhere. Sampson is very familiar with him from his days in the American, and that should tell you something. We really needed a true big, and we landed an experienced one.

6 Likes

He wouldn’t be the starter. Carlton won’t be the starter, IMO. Reggie Chaney will be.

3 Likes

BINGO.