BOOM! Josh Carlton UCONN Center

Big Forwards and Centers on Lineup so Far at the 5 is Cheney, Carlton, and Powell
4 - Fabian, Jwan, and Armbrester

2 Likes

I wouldnā€™t mind landing another 6ā€™11 guy in the portal. Shoot, you catch one fish, why not another?

I love Powellā€™s game. He will still be a freshmen next year. Carlton only has one year, with Chaney, and Fabien gone also i hope he sees the future is set for him take over in 2022

8 Likes

Carlton or Chaney can start.

It order to until early 4 bigs it will come down to who plays best together.

The one who may get lost in this is Roberts.

2 Likes

Donā€™t remember him hurting us much. What did his stats look like against us?
Regardless he is a big body and should get some time behind Cheney.
Surprised Kopp hasnā€™t made a decision yet. 6-7 forward who shoots treys at a 39.6 % rate. Not a great shot creator but a tough kid who will buy into the culture if he comes home

I think Kopp will be the next piece to the puzzle to fall.

The third piece will be the most important and needs to be a high level so starter

1 Like

Josh Carlton averaged 10.5 pts and 10.5 rebounds against us in 2 games in 2019, I remember it vividly

2 Likes

From the UCONN BB siteā€¦

While at UConn: Three-year starter who has played in all 96 of UConnā€™s games, starting 81ā€¦ Has current team-leading streaks of 96 consecutive games played and 66 consecutive games startedā€¦ Has career averages of 7.1 points, 5.3 rebounds per game with a .543 field goal percentageā€¦ Has 7 career double-doublesā€¦ Won the American Athletic Conference Co-Most Improved Player Award as a sophomore, more than doubling his scoring average, almost doubling his rebound average, and ranking first in blocked shots in conference gamesā€¦ Has 31 double-figure point games and 12 double-figure rebound games in his career.

As a Junior in 2019-20: Started all 31 games on UConnā€™s schedule, averaging 7.8 points, 6.1 rebounds and 1.1 blocks per game, with a .502 field goal percentageā€¦ Had 12 double-figure scoring games, including five of the first six and seven of the first nine games on the schedule and recorded three double-doublesā€¦ Had 13 points and 8 rebounds in win over No. 15 Floridaā€¦ Was named to the American Conference Weekly Honor Roll on Dec. 9.

As a Sophomore in 2018-19: Started all 33 games on the UConn schedule, averaging 9.0 points, and team-leading stats of 6.2 rebounds, 1.8 blocks and a .607 FG percentage ā€“ all considerable jumps from his freshman seasonā€¦ Had 15 double-figure scoring games and four double-doublesā€¦ Over seasonā€™s last 5 games, averaged 14.0 points, 8.6 rebounds and had an impressive .703 FG percentageā€¦ Named to AAC Weekly Honor Roll on March 11 after averaging 20.5 points, 8.5 rebounds and shooting .833 in two gamesā€¦ Scored career-high 21 points in seasonā€™s last home game vs. Templeā€¦ Shared the AAC Most Improved Player Award with Templeā€™s Nate Pierre-Louis.

As a Freshman in 2017-18: Appeared in all 32 games, with 17 starts, including six of the last seven gamesā€¦ Scored 142 points (4.4), hauled down 118 rebounds (3.7), blocked 24 shots, and shot 51.4 percent overallā€¦ Played career-high 33 minutes against eventual NCAA champion Villanova, scoring 13 points and grabbing 9 rebounds, including 6 offensive reboundsā€¦ Had career-high 15 points and 9 rebounds at Memphisā€¦ Had career-high 12 rebounds against SMU at homeā€¦ Had stretch of three straight double-figure scoring games at Tulane, at Memphis and vs. Villanova at homeā€¦ Made first career start against Arkansas in PK80 Invitational in Oregon.

Before College: Came to UConn from legendary basketball program at DeMatha Catholic High School in Hyattsville, Md., under Coach Mike Jones. Played two years at DeMatha Catholic after relocating from North Carolinaā€¦ Averaged 14.4 points, 11.4 rebounds, 3.1 blocks and shot a remarkable 73 percent overall as a senior as DeMatha went 25-10ā€¦ Averaged 11.1 points, 11.7 rebounds, 3.2 blocks and shot 62 percent overall as a junior to help DeMatha to a 33-5 recordā€¦ Before DeMatha, starred at South Central HS in Winterville, N.C., under Coach Chris Cherryā€¦ Played AAU ball for Team Loaded in Washington D.C.

Personal Information: Joshua Euria Carltonā€¦ Born Feb. 26, 1999ā€¦ Son of Pamela and James Carltonā€¦ Has two older brothers, James and Isaiah.

https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/1379119011670155268

7 Likes

This is a good get. Canā€™t complain about having this addition. Now letā€™s get a solid point guard!

2 Likes

I doubt we bring in a true point, maybe a good shooting off guard

This get allows Powell to grow into the role ā€¦he has skills and length but he doesnā€™t have the frame yet to keep other bigs from rebounding and scoring ā€¦

1 Like

I think heā€™ll help our guards more. We had lots of trouble driving on good bona fide bigs. Facing one every day in practice should help everyone on the team learn how to finish when they are in the trees.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/1379116205987004419

https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/1379120984813412352

7 Likes

Quick look at his games this season and looks pretty productive on the boards. Even grabbed 11 rebs against USC. Mins just dropped after new year as others pointed out.

We just need another guard who can create and play. I have no issues with Sasser and Shead running point and using Mark to facilitate

If we can just get average play from the center spot next year that will go a long way. Having a legit sized big should make life easier on everyone, even if he is just average.

Heā€™s not going to be Hakeem, but who is. Iā€™m really excited. Grabbed 11 boards against USC and the Mobleys. We could have used his size Saturday

6 Likes

Heck he rebounded and finished well against us so that enough for me to understand what he can be

1 Like

Sounds like we beat Pitt and Wake Forest for him so he had interests.

2 Likes