BOOM! Josh Carlton UCONN Center

Maybe not quite raw. More like a rare steak.

1 Like

Finally someone you can lob to for real.

He is the perfect player for CKS. I am expecting great contribution. Hopefully we can have another.

Sampson does no sugar coat and wonā€™t try to trick guys into committing here nor does he need to. If Sampson said that, he means it. Plan and simple

6 Likes

I do t see it as ā€œtrickingā€ anyone. He told him what he thinks he COULD be. He didnā€™t tell him he would be a guaranteed starter or get a certain number of minutes. The guy sees himself as being a successful contributor, and Sampson sees the same potential.

2 Likes

I think Josh sees it as a new beginning and opportunity to get significant playing time. While Chaney has a chance to start, I would prefer he was playing the 4 instead of the 5 with Fabian.

1 Like

We will need everyone of these guys to play 15-20 minutes a game if we want to have the depth needed to win a natty!

1 Like

Perhaps we should temper our enthusiasm about how much he will contribute next season. Learning Sampsonā€™s system takes time. It took Chris Harris and Gorham at least two years before they became impactful. We only get Carlton for one season. Worse case, heā€™s a big body at the low post and has experience.

Iā€™m hoping for the best.

Not rocket science. These guys are smart enough.

2 Likes

The greatest point guard on the planet couldnā€™t have made our shots go in against the Bearsā€¦nor could he have stopped their continual bombs from outside of the arcā€¦ask Gonzagaā€¦

2 Likes

Mitchell is a beast on defense. Was going to take a special talent to break down that team.

Btw, kudos to Sasser for hitting some shots on them.

4 Likes

Doesnā€™t Sampson need his 4 to shoot 3s or at least that baseline or FT-line jumper? If Chaney has that game, I am all for it. I thought Chaney did well inside with some of his moves / athleticism. He is just undersized down there.

2 Likes

Chaney has a nice post game but so does White and white can hit midrange/3 pointers.

1 Like

Carlton and White start.

Chaney is first Big substitute. Followed by Powell, then Roberts.

2 Likes

chaney starts, ihave a hard time seeing it otherwise, he started on the final 4 teamā€¦ he isnt benching him for bench player on a lesser teamā€¦
carlton will have his chance to jump chaney but he has to show more than he has shown so farā€¦he has to be tougher

also powell isnt jumping roberts

6 Likes

As it stands. Carlton is our sixth man. Until we land Kopp.

1 Like

Since Yetna never returned your ph calls, when was last time you spoke to Johnson or Kopp. We really need to land one of them or Iā€™m going to be very worried abt ya. :flushed: . Bring him to H-Town.

1 Like

Wtf. How do you know LOL

Jess knows I belong on staff as an assistant. That is how I know. Cā€™mon, man!!

Your credibility goes out LOL

1 Like