BOOM! - Michael Thomas c/o 2021 Commits!

So yes the U.S. could likely afford to do that EQUITABLY if everyone would agree to give up 6 weeks of their earnings/wages - including all professional athletes, politicians, federal workers, FBI/CIA operatives, business executives, union workers, school teachers, factory workers, police & fire fighters, doctors & nurses, lawyers, real estate investors, stocks & bonds investors, social security recipients, welfare recipients, those receiving unemployment benefits, retirees - everybody!

What do you think are the odds of that happening?

2 Likes

Some people just cannot help themselves

5 Likes

You know, Russ. You clearly have this all figured out. But these cryptic, little posts are not helpful.

And Woodmark, thatā€™s all false premises. Youā€™re silly.

3 Likes

Okay let me try to say this slowly for you since you obviously must have seen something in the past you didnā€™t like from me.
I said NOTHING about having it figured out and said NOTHING about anything Covid.

My complaint are for those, like the poster who had to make this thread about covid just begging for an argument. There you go that is the calm side of me requesting you be a bit more careful in your responses.

4 Likes

I thought this thread was about a good recruiting p/u for next year. #Nope

4 Likes

While I do not think we have any NBA players on this squad, for the time being, I love this kidā€™s athleticism. He has a chance for the big time and CKS is the teacher he needs

1 Like

Quentin Grimes has a chance no doubt. My sleeper to make it one day is Marcus Sasser.

Marcus is a really nice player and will probably be able to play pro ball somewhere but I donā€™t see it being in the NBA at all.

Grimes definitely can be an NBA player if he can develop NBA range.

Deeky is kind of a wild card. If he could develop some range (huge if) you could potentially see him carving out a niche role.

Mills will have a hard time translating his game to the NBA but thereā€™s a chance he could become an instant offense off the bench type NBA player with continued improvement.

No telling with the new guys.

I disagree on Mills since guys like Lou Williams found roles off the bench. If he can keep gaining strength he can be instant offense of the bench.

Grimes is an NBA player with a consistent shot and more confidence.

Mark is an NBA player if he develops like we think he will and his shot is consistent. I think he can be 2 and done if he reaches his potential.

3 Likes

For sure. Lou Will is definitely the upside case to look at for Caleb. Caleb is even a little taller. I mainly meant that a skinny 6ā€™3" low efficiency volume scorer doesnā€™t scream ready for the NBA, even though heā€™s really good. I think he definitely could become an NBA player but heā€™s going to have to do a lot to get there. Heā€™ll need to get stronger and really develop a lot of facets of his game too.

I need to see Mark (and Powell or whoever) against D1 competition before I have any strong opinion.

That a major key with Mills; strength wise.

With Sasser:

Pros: Bloodlines. Both uncles played in the NBA.

Hungry work ethic & mature

Jumpshot

Build

Started as a freshman

Fearless

Cons: not a true point guard at 6ā€™1

And not real long

This is if health permits or Covid-19

Mark - two and done. Better prospect than Hinton or Brooks.

Grimes- at this point he is a one and done.

Sasser & Mills- two and done at this point.

Lol at masks.

The kid is an in your face, dynamic athleteā€¦his style is like a Rob Grey with about 5 inches more explosiveness down the lane.

Iā€™m assuming he will be a good Sampson rebounder with all that bounce and quickness.

Michael Thomas is niceā€¦ 6ā€™4 well build and not just athletic but explosive. Going by scouting reports a solid two way player. He can also shoot and can lay it up with either hand by his videos. Reminds me of a bigger Corey Davis than Rob Gray, which ainā€™t too shabby.

1 Like

Yeaā€¦maybe a better comparison.

The bloodlines are pretty irrelevant vs. evaluating as a player. Adam Drexler, Jeffrey Jordan, and Marcus Jordan along with many others had way better bloodlines and didnā€™t make it close to the NBA.

Yes. Thereā€™s a lot of great stuff about Marcus and weā€™re lucky heā€™s in our program. Very strong for his age. Extremely smart player who is great in defensive rotations and offensive movement and makes good decisions. Nice shot. Solid defender. But Iā€™m not sure heā€™s even really 6 feet tall and he isnā€™t very quick or explosive. I honestly wonder if he can dunk (pesik or someone Iā€™m sure knows the answer to this). His handles and passing are good but arenā€™t close to elite. Thereā€™s just no real current precedent for someone like that in the NBA. Itā€™s tough to see a role for him.

6ā€™4" Corey Davis would be crazy good and likely an NBA player. Def hope you are right about that.

2 Likes

Those three guys youā€™ve named werenā€™t closed to the player coming out of HS that Sasser was. Wasnā€™t Adam Drexler and the Jordan kids walk ons. I only said heā€™s my sleeper.

Sasser was #399 in his class (though obviously looks to have turned out to be a lot better than that). The bloodlines are pretty meaningless in evaluating his prospects vs. all the other data to look at is all Iā€™m saying. His uncles barely played in the league anyways and were also ~6 inches taller than Marcus too. If you want to call him a sleeper NBA prospect thatā€™s cool, though, even though I donā€™t really see it.

Sasser definitely got lost in the shuffle in the DFW. He was underrated big time but worked in our favor. I agree on him being a 4 yr player unless he just decides to go pro.

Thomas has the size, build and athleticism to be a pro but have to see how he adjusts next year.

Backcourt mins the next few years are going to be hard to come by if you arenā€™t a competitor.