BOOM! QB Levi Williams commits to '19 class (Update: Decommitted)

it would appear that Levi is recruiting him :slight_smile:

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/BlueGreyFB/status/1056998211846619136

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/mandymajors/status/1064718025788665856

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/leviwilliamqb/status/1067987158785495041

5 Likes

Man, this guy is the real deal
so happy to have him on board !!!
Go Coogs !!!

2 Likes

Smithson Valley has always had a very strong TCU lean. I remember a UH coach telling me how they hid a kid from him because they wanted him at TCU. This is pretty significant from a recruiting standpoint.

1 Like

Hmmm
 So hiding players from UH makes sense. Those schools players came from the Dallas/ft worth would hardly gave UH a look.

How does he compare to Clayton Tune ?!

They were never given the chance to look

So this change of attitude toward UH @ Smithson Valley: Is this an Apple thing, Kendal thing or what?

For 2019 we seem to have a great thing.

An abundance of excellent QB’s.

You have to get a stud QB every year no matter what happens. That actually attributed to the downfall of Mack Brown. He decided not to offer Andrew Luck because he had Gilbert coming in the following year and his program never recovered.

1 Like

This!!

You can never have too many talented QBs. Most QBs believe they are the best.

Let them compete. Some will transfer and those that remain will be the best of the crop.

2 Likes

Levi and his family, which includes the head coach of SV who is Levi’s father, have been overwhelmed by how down to earth CMA and CKB have been towards them. They didn’t lie, they didn’t blow smoke up their son’s butt, basically just came in and said that they’d take care of their son and ensure that he would come out a better man after he leaves college.

11 Likes

Imagine that, honesty.

I really don’t get those that root against Applewhite. If he has a decent run here he will bring in some talent.

9 Likes

I don’t root against Applewhite but I am worried about us - financial and P5. NY6 bowl is $20M. It leads to more fans and TV viewers. Politics got Utah to Pac12. Winning and circumstances got TCU to B12. Potential TV markets get Rutgers and Maryland to B1G. So, we have to win and make people believed that we can run Houston market (UT and ATM always try to make people think the other way and they do) and play politics well to get us into P5 for the next round of realignment. 3 years (1 Herman and 2 Applewhite) of missing out NY6 bowls don’t cut it.

Levi’s dad is not the head coach at smithson valley. That is and has been for years, Larry Hill. I live in Spring Branch (the hill country where SV is not to be confused with Houston-Spring Branch) and SV products are nothing in comparison to the big high school products out of Htown and Dallas. Hope the kid does well but glad we have options in the future at qb.

2 Likes

My fault, I’m an idiot. Got him confused with someone else.

Agree, and who is to say that he hasn’t brought in any talent already. Most are underclassman and are waiting their turn. I have seen a lot of promise from the true freshman that got playing this year. I’m a big fan of Logan Hall.

1 Like