Boom! RayShawn James RB (Update: decommitted)

I wonder if it had something to do with his eligibility because it does not look like he had too many offers.

1 Like

Most likely

One indicator he isnt a member of the 2019 class anymore.

https://twitter.com/leviwilliamqb/status/1032456316609089541

Don’t make assumptions so easy. More to it!!!
He retweeted in very postive manner to Kendal Taylor committing to #GoCoogs. My sources say it’s complicated. If I see you have a beer at 10:00 a.m. I can’t automatically assume you an alcoholic. Stay tune. #NoToRumors

Also ADMIN can we take decomitted off the Subject line pls. All heresay.

i have a source that says its true
247 even took them off the class list. im just awaiting the actual reason why.

https://twitter.com/ImRayshawn/status/1036785849306951680

Official now:

https://twitter.com/ImRayshawn/status/1039853295865606144

Patrick on it
there it is. Wonder where he’s looking now

sucks, but on the bright side we will have one more scholly after what could be a historic season.

4 Likes

8 ships left to give. hopefully we use some on OL’men and juco cb’s/lb

We only have 12 committed at the moment? Did we over-sign last year?

5 Grad transfers count against the 25 scholly limit

2 Likes

Crap I forgot! Well in this case I agree with Diehard; I hope we start building around the line of scrimmage and at corner.

I predict we give no more than 5 scholarships to incoming freshmen from here on out. Figure we save the others for grad transfers or late signees.

3 Likes

i think so too. i think we use a few on our remaining OL targets and possibly add another WR. I heard we might bring in 3 for the class.

2 Likes

I like our LB depth actually, Leroy Godfrey, David Anenih, Elijah Gooden, and Derek Parish are all physical specimens who are hungry to get a shot. Don’t forget that Donivan Mutin could be the next Elandon Roberts one day. a Quality CB or OL could go a long way, but I would like to keep 3 schollys available for high end prospects we could get late. Although we may criticize CMA for being boring and not being the best Xs and Os guy, its hard to deny his eye for talent. His 2 lowest rated prospects from the 2017 class, Grant Stuard and Payton Turner, are already cracking the starting lineup in year 2 and look like beasts on the field.

2 Likes

I don’t know if it was Brown or Saban that taught him secrets to this but he is certainly on point. He reminds me of Snyder at Kansas State a little as well. I never really get hung up on the star ratings either. Once some of these kids commit to UH, they either stop going to camps, never went to big camps, or the “recruiting services” stop evaluating them; CMA doesn’t stop, and I think that’s a reason we can find those diamonds.

3 Likes

wish all the kids the best, where ever they end up. Get your education first and foremost
pro ball is a pipe dream for 99.9%
seen some preview on upcoming documentary that there are IIRC, 91k combined college football and basketball players and of that number 330+ are actually drafted by the NFL and NBA
that’s mind numbing if numbers are right

1 Like

2nd Westfield running back to decommit from UH in recent memory