Boom! RB De'Mitri Monroe commits to UH (Update; Decommitted)

https://247sports.com/Player/DeMitri-Monroe-46056511/

I’m a big fan of Monroe. Has speed to burn. Ran a 4.3 at Texas St’s camp this summer and has run in the 4.4 and 4.5 range.

3 Likes

He plays very good D as well. And he can catch. It sounds like he could play DB, RB, CB, and safety.

3 Likes

Kid has speed to burn. Was the Texas 3A state champ in the 100m, finished 2nd in the long jump, and finished 6th in the 4x100 and 4x200…all done as a junior.

His PR of 10.45 in the 100m last year was tied for the 21st best in Texas last year; 9th best among non-seniors

3 Likes

BOOM !!!

1 Like

https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/1023742481349926912

2 Likes

Sounds a bit like an Eric Metcalf type.

De’Mitre is currently UH’s 3rd highest rated recruit on 247.

UH currently has 11 recruits with a 247 composite total of 129 points.

If UH keeps keeps pace, we could finish with 258 points. This would be good enough for 16th last season. UH finished with 22 recruits and 166 points last season.

3 Likes

Recruiting continues to improve. Good times ahead.

4 Likes

This… It’s more common when a new head coach comes out of the gate on fire in the recruiting trail. But CMA is doing a nice job lately. I think the practice facility being complete and showing it off to recruits is helping.

3 Likes

You couldn’t compare him to a Quick Six or some other Coog? Come on man!

3 Likes

Right, lol. Half of the people in here don’t know who Eric Metcalf is.

Well for the youngins, maybe compare him to Dillon Birden?

1 Like

nope. Monroe has better vision and feed than birden does. i see someone mentioned Aldridge. that’s who he reminds me of.

1 Like

OK so maybe like an oldie like me Warren McVea comparison!!:grin::grin::joy::joy:

2 Likes

If he’s even close to the level of Anthony Alridge, I’m really excited about our future at RB.

3 Likes

I like his speed and head when finding holes. Is he rated an 85 because of his height and weight at 5’10 180. I’d imagine an athlete in multiple positions with a 4.4 or 100 10.45 he’d have a higher rating. Also the fact that he’s vicious with his tackling from his hudl.

247 bumped his rating to 87 and based on what one of the guys that write for them he told me that he could be rated even higher in the fall.

1 Like

Just need to hang on to him until signing day.

5 Likes

Based off of what? Did you compare their high school junior year highlights? haha

based on what I’m projecting Monroe will become once he plays college ball. haha