Boundless against Cincinnati, UH's Greg Ward expected to be limited in practice

Boundless against Cincinnati, UH’s Greg Ward expected to be limited in practice
Chronicle Subscriber Link
Google Search Link

“My understanding is its healing and should heal completely eventually, but it’s going to take some time,” Herman said after the Cougars used 28 fourth-quarter points to pull away in their American Athletic Conference opener.

Ward is at no greater risk of hurting the shoulder further, Herman was told by team doctors.

Does anyone else get the feeling Greg was so “off” in the first half against Cincy because he sat against Lamar? I’m not saying I had a problem with him sitting that game out to heal, but I just got the feeling he was out of sync because of lack of reps in practice and game time. That being said, I hope his shoulder heals enough in the next 10 days that he’ll be able to at least play the first half of the TXST game since we’ll be getting a very motivated UConn team 5 days later. We’re going to need Greg at his best to run the table this year.

I think they’ll sit him for two weeks- next game will be versus Navy

I think there is about zero chance of that. Herman won’t sit him for a conference game unless he just cannot play. And he certainly won’t risk repeating exactly what happened last year.

I’m sure he’s playing for at least a half in the Tx State game.