Bowl Game?

AAC fans saying Independence but I’ve heard Birmingham, Gasparilla weed-eater and Frisco as well. Which is it?

Peach: UCF/Memphis winner vs. At large
Birmingham: UCF/Memphis loser vs. SEC
Military: USF vs. ACC
Independence: Houston vs. ACC
Gasparilla: Temple vs. CUSA
Hawaii: Navy vs. MWC
Frisco: SMU vs. at large, hopefully an excess P5 team

Jerry Palm has us in the Frisco against Northern Illinois: 2022 College Football Bowl Predictions - NCAA Bowl Game Projections - CBSSports.com

SI has us in the Frisco against Marshall: https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/11/26/bowl-projections-playoff-rankings-schedule-matchups

ESPN has us in the Gasparilla vs FIU and the Birmingham vs Utah: Week 13 college football bowl projections for 2017

Sporting News has us in the Hawaii vs Boise State: Week 14 bowl projections: Auburn moves in College Football Playoff for now | Sporting News

Bleacher Report has us in the Frisco vs. Appalachian State: College Football Playoff Standings 2017: Week 14 Rankings & Bowl Projections | News, Scores, Highlights, Stats, and Rumors | Bleacher Report

SBNation has us in the Frisco vs Marshall: https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/11/26/16700858/bowl-projections-2017-college-football-playoff-predictions-updated-new

Location sucks for travel but the match-up with Boise State would be pretty awesome.

N ill
Marshall
Fiu
App state
Yuck

Lot of chatter out there about Independence Bowl. If SEC sends 3 teams to NY6(Auburn/Georgia/Alabama), they will not have enough remaining teams to fill their last 2 tie-ins, Independence and Birmingham.

None of the projection sites will have us there yet as we don’t have a tie-in, but Shreveport on the 27th is a likely scenario.

2 Likes

SMU often slated for the Boca Raton Bowl. Is that lower rated than the Frisco Bowl? We get a C-USA team in that one (e.g., FIU) so it’s not too appealing from a matchup standpoint.

Those Frisco matchups look horrendous. Hoping for Independence…

1 Like

I wish we didn’t have to wait until Sunday to find out. More time to make plans to go.

1 Like

Just check my holiday plans, the Independence is the only one I can make.

1 Like

At least one of three SEC teams you listed will be in the CFP so which team would be the third NY6 participant?

NY6 includes the 2 CFP semifinal bowl games
Cotton Bowl
Fiesta Bowl
Peach Bowl
Orange Bowl
Rose Bowl - CFP Semifinal
Sugar Bowl - CFP Semifinal

Got it now. Thanks. I knew I had to be missing something.

Lol Is this in real life?

Give me the independence. Rematch against FSU! Would definitely go!

2 Likes