Bowman

Texas Tech Quarterback Alan Bowman is transferring. For all of you concerned about the depth chart at Quarterback, figure out how to get this guy.

2 Likes

Hard pass.

2 Likes

Sign him up!

2 Likes

Hope he comes here! Straight gun slinger

1 Like

I’d rather get Gunnel to change his mind but take Bowman in a minute.

1 Like

Gunnell? Puh-leeze

He is a graduate transfer with 3 seasons of eligibility left. I guess he is going for his doctorate or a couple masters degrees in order to remain eligible.

According to an article I read he had a stellar freshman year but after an ankle injury seemed to never get back to that level of play. He was probably not going to be their starter thus the transfer.

2 Likes

Wells is a dead man walking. In fact, there was a push to fire him and replace him with Briles. Not sure what stopped it. Lot of people thought it was happening

1 Like

Bowman might be hiding his upside, but his diminishing performance has been largely in his decision-making. Unless the coaches think he’s been coached down, he doesn’t seem like a good fit.

Bowman threw for over 600 yards and 5 touchdowns against us (no interceptions). Add in the fact that he isn’t a one and done and we’d be crazy not to take him if he wanted to compete for the starting spot. He flat out embarrassed our defense and would likely do the same to other AAC defenses minus a few notable exceptions such as Cincinnati and one or two others, depending on the year.

I believe our program has 3 promising quarterbacks in Tune, Kopp, and Massoud but we need to start getting more from everyone on the offensive side of the ball whether that comes at QB, on the line, at a skill position or from Dana and the play calling itself. The defense continues to add depth and competition for starting spots come next fall. Why should our offense be treated any different.

2 Likes

You’re thinking of a different Bowman. The one who looked that good against us hasn’t been seen much, if at all, over the last two seasons.

He hasn’t been good enough to keep the starting job against a back-up who also wasn’t very good.

As I said, though, if our coaches think they can rediscover a good QB, power to them. If nothing else, he would be a solid backup.

Actually Bowman got banged around and was injured quite a bit.

1 Like

He was a little this year, but he was benched because the offense was stagnant.

Now, they fired the OC, and the play calling had something to do with it, but Bowman just wasn’t very effective, even when healthy. He made some amazingly terrible decisions and throws, especially for a third-year QB.

His injuries in his first year were significant. I think it’s affected his approach, and not in a good way. Maybe the right coaching staff can turn that around.

I think losing Kliff had a big impact on Bowman.

3 Likes

If I remember correctly… He whipped our butts in his first game ever played at Tech (last game we played against them…).

3 Likes

2 Likes

If I recall our defensive game plan that game didn’t seem very good… like we were soft against an air raid team which just gave them pretty easy looks.

3 Likes

The D’Onofrio effect

As bad as that game was though, I was impressed that we hung 49 on them.

3 Likes

Bowman’s numbers are legit even outside of our game. 65+ completion percentage and good TD-INT ratio throughout his career.
His numbers are quite a bit better than Tune’s.

3 Likes
1 Like