Boycott the Bogus CFP Championship Playoffs

Boycott the products, it’s much easier than boycotting the games

Going to watch the World Dart Championship finale that I taped while watching the UCF game

Do you really think that my watching the games makes a difference? I am not a Neilson viewer and YES, I am watching all of them, regardless.

1 Like

It does. You do have the Nielsen ratings but you also have the cable & dish companies. They are able to register numbers. Maybe you stream on line? To stream you have to have an internet connection. That is one of the reason on how advertising is sold. That is one of the way to quantify your audience.

1 Like

Well, I am enjoying a great game and if it builds up the ratings so be it.

1 Like

A lot of folks are missing a great game…I will guarantee you that a few fans refusing to watch this game will not send a message to anyone…Both Georgia and OU brought more fans to California than viewers protesting LOL…

I haven’t watched much football all year other than the games I have attended, but after the shit show that was our offense this year its nice to watch some fun offensive football again.

What is the point Butch? UCF just got royally screwed like Utah did a few years back. There are two ways to end this cfp. You boycott the cfp and call the companies that advertise. . The other way is to sue. You do not care that we get the crumbs while they get rich on our behalf? Northwestern Mutual does life insurance? You cancel tomorrow and you tell them why. You do have a choice.
Chick fil A? I am Christian. They call themselves Christian. Is this a Christian way to treat people. They say they are listening.

1 Like

I just want to see us fill our stadium every week while winning football games and being so attractive that the P5 folks cannot ignore us.
I am sure Ohio State has a good case for why they should have been a final four team, as does UCF after whipping Auburn.
And Alabama makes it despite not even winning their division. The system is flawed and I understand your concerns, but I think the only way to beat these guys is to join them…that is the only way…

I suppose you don’t bother to vote either.

I never miss voting and I boycott Target…now you feel better? I watched the OU vs. Georgia game and boycotted the Alabama game…if that makes you feel better. I love college sports, especially football and basketball. But I have also always known that money runs the show…fans equals money and that is something I would love to improve at UH–our fanbase. But I have been wishing that for well over 50 years now…so I accept our position and will continue to support our Cougars any way I can…

absolutely correct. but they won’t let us join and as long as the ratings are good and people remain silent about the inequality of the scam.

Maybe with OSU being shut out this year and PSU last, they may expand to 8 teams. It’s easy enough to keep us out of an 8 team club too.

Lastly, this stupid scharade isn’t even an NCAA sanctioned event. I don’t watch it just on principle.

1 Like

Butch, this isn’t about how I feel. You say you’ll do anything to support the Coogs. Great. If you feel it’s important to cast your one vote out of 100,000,000 why isn’t it important to you to cast your vote about the flagrant inequality and scharade that is the CFP and not watch it?

Moreover, you can always watch it later on YouTube.

I just can’t comprehend that some of you still think that this is about sports or belonging due to your schedule.It has always been about money. Thinking otherwise is like having your head in the sand.
An eight Teams cfp won’t change a thing. espn bubble heads talked about it a couple of months ago. They ALREADY said than non P5 Teams do not belong.
This scam will continue unless we go after their wallet. Again, they get public funds. This is your and my taxes going to these Schools.

A few of us have asked U of H lawyers that visit this site to bring some input or ideas to this debate. We are still waiting. Come on friends your ideas, input is needed. Thank you in advance.

UCF is a threat to FSU and Florida so it is unlikely that they will get into the ACC or SEC. You can be sure that the small12 is looking at adding them in the next round.

1 Like

A stadium full of people boycotting in the Houston market more than moves the needle. That’s a huge chunk of the local viewership.

1 Like

I have no interest in watching a SEC round robin game.

5 Likes

The “Boycott” has been on for 5 years now and will continue. I will not root for Alabama or any other “P5” team. I will ONLY watch them if they are playing the Coogs or a team that can kick their butt (Boise State).

5 Likes

.kindly do not tell college football fans to boycott anything, Like it would matter, like it would have the slightest impact, other than to deprive people from watching some of the best college football of the year. The legion of P5 fans would just laugh at you. You want to miss Georgia-Oklahoma? Then you are not a serious fan of college football…you think it accomplishes something?? it accomplishes NOTHING.
Some of you just do not get it…The American is NEVER going to be able to change their status, and do precious little to help our revenue or our bowl tie ins…As far as our school is concerned, We are not trying to beat their system. We are trying to join it. And we WILL join it, when schools flee Big 12, and BIG and PAC expand in 2022 or 2023 when GORs are expiring and TV contracts end…Our goal is NOT to make this league a P6…That will never happen. Our goal is to join a current P5 in future, and we will accomplish that goal.

1 Like

This

The goal is a fair system, period. No current FBS school should be excluded. I am a serious fan of college football. I am not a serious fan of contrived, unsanctioned farces. And, I will likely watch the game a few weeks later, commercial free…

4 Likes