Brandon Jones named OL Coach

https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/1081918418914164737?s=19

Wow…we swiped a highly regarded OL coach from UNC!

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/1081920692231102464?s=19

5 Likes

Oh boy, Mack Brown will definitely keep UT abreast of this…the Texas Hate will now shower on us in heaps…

5 Likes

G5 schools hiring good P5 coaches could be the start of the new norm for G5 schools that have great administrators and boosters like we do.

6 Likes

We hired him less than a month after he accepted the UNC job.

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1081929359701753857

9 Likes

I don’t know anything about that specific situation but it’s just such a terrible look to take a job (or an extension) and immediately take another job. Manny Diaz, Kendal Briles, now this guy. Sure wish our coaches would do a better job teaching these students about honoring commitments. I know, I know. It’s a business. Whatever.

8 Likes

Uh Oh Dana. Mack Brown is not too happy about that.

4 Likes

Big time hire. Really knows the Holgorsen offense.

3 Likes

It’s good to have clout at the HC level.

I don’t know much about Dana as a HC, but it is a good sign that there are good P5 coaches that are willing to come to UH to work for Dana.

8 Likes

Yeah, I sort of see your point, but it’s totally different when they’re coming to UH. Not the same at all.

See, when they’re leaving UH, they’re jerks, amoral, dishonest and untrustworthy.

When they’re leaving another school to come here, it’s the exact opposite. Just the way it is.

7 Likes

So ?

Like it or not, college football is a ruthless business.An administration can either run a classy program or run a program that wins. UH has made their decision. It’s the same one made by schools like OU, Ohio State, A&M, USC and Alabama.

3 Likes

We have been on the receiving end for how many years? I would not be surprised if there was a clause in his UNC contract.
I am utterly impressed by the quality & speed of the hires. I have to go back to our SWC days for this type of Coaching staff. The defensive side is next. I can’t wait.

2 Likes

I agree. If you are in doubt, don’t sign the contract.

2 Likes

After how we are treating UNC and Fla St i am crossing the ACC off as a landing spot.

2 Likes

In case the ACC & these Schools will be offered more money they will roll out the red carpet for us. The P5’s are not about sports. They are and always will be about money.

6 Likes

I look at it this way, is it a lateral move or a promotion? For a lateral move, I can get upset. For a promotion, as is the case here, he’s adding a co-oc title, it is a step up. I won’t begrudge someone taking a promotion.

1 Like

Add UNC to the list of P5 teams that won’t play us. :fireworks:

I am on cell phone at Denver airport and must have hit something wrong. Was meant to reply to angry CMB photo.

1 Like

I absolutely love this hire for many reasons ! A little jab at the 40 acres! Go Coogs !

1 Like

LOL! Go Coogs !