Brandon Jones named OL Coach

Any time someone comes to UH it’s a promotion.

11 Likes

Randy Clements?

This could also speak to Mack Brown’s offensive abilities …

He has been out of football for about five years and allegedly forced out of the 40 acres because his offensive prowess was waning BADLY his last four years there …

Never mind you won the nat’l champ’ship or several 10+ seasons … when you fade then so does your popularity with the orangebloods

1 Like

Our new OL Coach!!!

5 Likes

The aggressors make the rules. The P5 trough-sitters started the raiding and didn’t give a ### what anyone thought about it.

2 Likes

Also, maybe he didn’t like the fact that he was told that he had to keep clapping his hands when he was on the sideline…>>:sunglasses:

You interviewing for the Broncos job? Cool. Just hire a good DC and let Case run the offense.

4 Likes

No worries. Mack may not know for another week or two that Jones is gone so fat fingering a cell phone screen nothing.

Mind explaining how this is a jab at UT?

1 Like

Ron when I said a little jab at the forty acres I meant through Mack Brown . The UT folks will have something to say about us taking from Mack .

1 Like

Mack could have retired a Longhorn legend like Darrell Royal, but he chose to return to North Carolina. He’s a Tarheel. He also left the program in a state of complete disarray and went out kicking and screaming. No one cares.

1 Like

Most of the UT people I know think Mack Brown is going to be a train wreck. They view it as an ego thing from a has been.

How many O Line coaches do we have now ?

Thought Wickland was coming, then there is Clements, now Jones !!!

1 Like

The more the merrier!

I wouldn’t expect Clements to be here much longer.

1 Like

Apparently Mike Leach isn’t the only PIRATE in college football. We’re going to love CDH.

1 Like

I’ll imagine our buyout with Clements is negotiable.

we can’t just terminate him because he just signed a 3 year deal. We want him to resign to take a job at FSU. FSU doesn’t want to buy him out of his UH deal.

So compromise. Tell FSU you go 50/50 and except half his buyout. This is not rocket science. Now IF they say no to that then play hardball!

What’s playing hardball? Put a ball gag in his mouth and drive him to Tallahassee on a flatbed?

2 Likes

If I’m Pez and Dana, I give FSU two options:

1. Hire Randy Clements, and pay his full buyout to Houston.
  2. Hire Randy Clements, schedule a home and home football series with Houston for 2022, and his buyout will be zero.
12 Likes