Briles to interview at Tennessee

If we cut him loose, we have to pay the buyout. If he is hired away, they have to pay the buyout.

7 Likes

Probably cause he can do both.

1 Like

You’ve never used your company internet to job search?

2 Likes

I guess hes probably doing all of that on his own time.

Briles is toxic. Hiring him would be a huge risk. On the one hand he could produce a perennial winner, on the other it could make UH untouchable as far as P5 membership is concerned. Not that there appears to be any chance of that happening anytime soon even without him. But if he is hired, it’s just one more knock against UH.

If 5% of fans bailed because of KB, you’ll see another 45% bail if AB has s hired. Just, no.

It would seem that a new UH contract and pay raise have served to bid up Briles’ possible contract with another school.

Although Briles did a good job with our Offense it is easy to observe that over 100 Football programs essentially run the same Offense.Indeed High School teams run the offense.

We need an announcement from Briles and Applewhite about this topic.

The situation is harmful to recruiting and to Bowl prep.

1 Like

Lmao!

Art will be back in the game sooner than most expect. Likely at a sunbelt or cusa school and will move up. Yes, the Baylor incident will hang around as a cloud but winning will make people forget. Art is a winner.

4 Likes

That’s a great question. We’re apparently paying him not to spend this weekend with the recruits he brought in but instead to interview out of state for other jobs. Let’s hope we paid his air fare to TN and FL as well as his hotel bill in both places. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Briles isn’t going to keep someone from being p5. Hell, it happened at a p5 school and nothing happened.

That’s a great question. We’re apparently paying him not to spend this weekend with the recruits he brought in but instead to interview out of state for other jobs. Let’s hope we paid his air fare to TN and FL as well as his hotel bill in both places. :roll_eyes:

Can we get him to leave the vehicle on campus this time?

Multiple rapes = incident? I guess murder would be an issue.

They tried that with the Baylor basketball team already.

1 Like

Sully me? You’re a questionable character who would be agreeing to a new job but at the same time be looking for another job and that makes you a man of principle and me a bad person? You have some twisted idea of right and wrong! Not only would I question your character, but I question what is the intention behind your post! Are you one of those UT trolls who is happy to see UH suffer a loss of one of its coaches and put out your opinion as an expression of your giddiness that UH has just lost a coach due to his greedy, self-centered, and classless character?

Am I out of bound to think that a contract mean something? That when you signed a contract you should live by it? Only in college football have I seen where a person just signed a contract and then within a few days that person signed with somebody else! It’s not acceptable anywhere else, why should it be acceptable in college football? Even in the NFL, a professional league, you don’t see this kind of lowlife move! After all, isn’t college supposed to be teaching young people proper behaviors and etiquettes? What kind of lesson can you teach when a coach just signed a contract with your school and the very next hour he could be looking for another job that would pay him more?

Go pull that move in any other industry and you would find yourself in court! I’m sure you would be on the losing end of the court decision! Then you could explain to the judge that this is supposed to make you look like a guy with great character, slickness, and intelligence!

There is something wrong in this country when a guy who thinks he should live up to his contract that he had just signed gets attacked by self-centered “Me, me, me only!” vultures! No wonder our country is becoming a shithole country!

1 Like

So your saying you don’t like capitalism?..it is what it is no reason to be upset or lose sleep over it.

2 Likes

Lots of talk on Twitter that Briles will meet with Taggert tomorrow. I take it he is not recruiting or prepping for the bowl game. I can’t believe he just comes back like nothing happened if he doesn’t get either job. Something weird going on.

2 Likes

Army buddy asked if I wanted to make a wager on the bowl game. I said half the team is hurt, fired the D coordinator, and Briles is on an East coast interview swing. I’m not even sure we’re gonna practice.

4 Likes

Thinking is . . . . . you don’t want someone on your staff that does not want to be there . . . . . so you let them go. On the other hand . . . . . a contract, at one time, could be settled with a hand shake. In this day and time, even a mans word, hand shake and signature means nothing. Has nothing to do with capitalism, it all has to do with the value of a mans word.

Seems way to many people’s words are worthless . . . . . from top to bottom . . . . . politicians to welfare recipients . . . . .

5 Likes

Yeah I’d ask for some points from the Army buddy.

1 Like