Briles to interview at Tennessee

I don’t read screaming manifestos. Hope that felt good to type because I skipped the rant.

2 Likes

Haha…I love hearing coaches whine about how me first millennial players transferring is what’s wrong with college football. That millennials are unable to commit. It’s only acceptable if you’re getting paid lots of money I guess and not playing for tuition.

Oh well. If he’s gone, on to the next one. We can get another OC thot in a minute.

King for Heisman in 2019.

3 Likes

And Tony Levine.

Maybe you don’t have much experience outside the football world but it happens. Football reflects the rest of the world and is not its own little microcosm.

1 Like

The process of negotiating and signing a fixed-term contract does make it a little different. If he were just given a raise and told about it, continuing to sling leg toward other jobs wouldn’t be seen the same way.

Beyond that, even if it does happen in other contexts, that certainly doesn’t mean it’s acceptable.

I agree, but with the employment market as tight as it is, finding qualified workers has been a pain in the neck. Goodness knows I’ve had at least three contractors state they will start work and then blow it off because a more profitable job cropped up within just hours of the agreement.

So it works for million dollar a year jobs down to $16 an hour projects.

Were you trying to hire contractors to highly visible leadership positions that represent your firm nationally? :slightly_smiling_face:

I just don’t see much correlation between the two, and I’ve spent plenty of time working and hiring in the marketplace.

1 Like

No, but a poster above said it only happens in college football, which is clearly not the case, regardless of the level of business.

So we don’t even know if he signed the UH extension/update?

One would figure that CMA has, by now, asked OCKB if he ( Major) can count on the OC for the future, and certainly the AFB or, should CMA be looking for a new OC as well? Major doesn’t impress me as someone who doesn’t prepare and pay attention, especially with his coaching career potentially in the balance.

Also, without the DC, without Ed Oliver, without D. King, and with, at best, a distracted OC, how can the Coogs possibly win this game?

1 Like

Navy bottled them up pretty well. No reason we can’t win.

4 Likes

You can’t and won’t win this bowl. This is a piss poor situation no matter how someone spins this!

Don’t tell the players they still believe they can win

1 Like

I think we can too! Robinson & Brown will have to be disciplined and do their thing . Sure the odds are against us considering everything that has transpired injury wise & our current staff issues but greater obstacles have been overcome.

I was impressed with Army, we can win this game.

You must be one of the players???

The days of coaches spending their entire career at one place are over. It is a money game and they just want to be paid.

We also fire them when they don’t succeed. We want loyalty from our OC when we just fired our DC.

4 Likes

Exactly.

2 Likes

We want “loyalty” from the guy who just agreed to a contract extension and a big raise. Doesn’t seem like much to ask that a guy to whom we just committed $2.1MM actually do some work for his employer, rather than spending his first week with a new deal looking for other jobs.

1 Like

Been traveling. Has any announcement been made? Do we actually know that he has accepted another offer and is leaving?