Briles to interview at Tennessee

After reading that tweet I think Pezman should just fire him… see if any other big name school will pick him up with all that Baylor stink on him… UH deserves better than this!

3 Likes

So you know of a coach out there where UH is their Dream job. Just asking. As I said before ‘As the Wheels Go Round n Round’.

What if Kendall does leave, why not just take the negative hit PR wise and hire Art Briles as OC? In the end, if Art couldn’t control his program at Baylor but didn’t have that issue at UH, one could justify bringing him back in the OC capacity.

2 Likes

Hermoid was offered P5 wages and laughed.

Rather find a Dana disciple and hire him.

2 Likes

Coaches like Herman want to win a NC, under the current exclusion system, a G5 can’t plat for a MNC (Oh on paper it’s theoretically possible, but it won’t happen). So no matter what a G5 pays a coach is going to bail for a chance to win the NC. That’s why the system is corrupt.

1 Like

Jugular John Jenkins LOVES Uh and would stay. Why not?

4 Likes

Glad someone’s sees it my way. Most think I’m nuts.

I would be all for Jenkins, my only concern is, has he adapted to modern defenses? R&S of the 90’s wont be as effective today as it was then. The most dominant Run & Shoot was the 2007 Hawaii Warriors and we saw what happened to them in the Sugar Bowl against Georgia. If Jenkins has answers for defenses, I say bring him and go for the jugular.

1 Like

No, I wouldn’t because in the long run, a one or 2 year HC hurts the progarm. It’s obvious that he wouold jump at a better offer in a heartbeat, maybe just after signing as HC. Once burned, twice learned.

2 Likes

If JJ was such a good OC, then he would still be working and in demand, but he’s not. We already hired a DC who wasn’t working at the time and it didn’t net us the desired results, now some of our fans want to dust off the relic that is JJ only to net similar results. Not just no thank you, but hell no thank you.

1 Like

Jenks has been keeping up with all of the trends in offenses and defenses. I’m sure he would make a fine OC, he may need a head coach like CMA to hold it down from time to time in order to rest the D and also not be so offensive to the sensibilities of those that hate to see us score more than 65 points.

3 Likes

Actually, JJ has been working in various positions and projects. I think he got a bad rap and was blackballed from the college game for perceived score running and that “video”. He is innovative and would stay long term.

4 Likes

Jenkins has admitted that he hasn’t be blackballed. He just preferred the flexibility that the CFL has given him to spend time with family, especially his kids. Things could change in that he could be ready to get back into college coaching if the right conditions are met.

2 Likes

This is becoming surreal…

1 Like

Asst coaches bounce around all the time you guys are acting like this is some new revelation.

1 Like

It is how it is done…snake in the grass style…

I am surprised so many think this is the norm. Interview, but why agree to a new deal and then open up your recruitment back up for other jobs? It will be interesting to see if DC hire is somehow impacting Briles change of heart.

Question, would you trade Briles on offense for a Bo Pellini on defense? Interesting what if…

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking the same thing. Bring him back home. Shoot there is no telling what he has thought up over the years.

5 Likes

I bet if we told him we wanted to run the Briles offense JJ could figure out how to do it and add a few wrinkles.

4 Likes