Bryson Smith not considering Texas after Major Applewhite hire

“A bigger concern is that Houston retaining Applewhite could make it more difficult for Herman to bring Cougars recruits with him to Austin, as running back Daniel Young received an offer yesterday and there are several more committed players Herman could offer in the near future.”

1 Like

Was he ever. Daniel Young also has confirm his commitment to UH.

Such BS. Texas was recruiting him as a slot receiver, but since Houston hired Applewhite and are probably offering him to play QB he is going to stay with his UH commitment.

(We all know that if UT were to recruit him for QB, why he would change his commitment in a minute to UT. Yeah right. He see UT’s coach for what he is.)

Burntorangenation putting the spin on.

I find it funny that a UT site is concerned that their coach won’t be able to poach recruits from UH. :joy:

2 Likes

I don’t think our administration thought about this, but but one of the added benefits of naming CTO as interim and then hiring CMA is that CMA was able to be on the road recruiting for us prior to his hire. I remember that CTO mentioned that he could only see one recruit per day since he was now the head guy.

If we do keep Naviar as DC, it could mean that every one of our coaches out recruiting for us after our ex coach left will remain COOGS.

2 Likes

Great point Patrick.