Buffalo Bills to Austin?

The Austin Dollar Bills

9 Likes

I cant imagine UT being very supportive over this.

On the other hand, it would be HILARIOUS to see San Antonio have a meltdown over this if it happened. They have been begging for DECADES for an NFL franchsie.

2 Likes

Imagine players getting paid in Austin with real contracts too.

10 Likes

I am soooo done with NFL football. I grew up a die hard Oilers fan but they left us. We got the Texans but it wasn’t the same. I had a hard time replicating the passion for a new team as it wasn’t the team of my youth, watching games with my Dad. Plus the Texans are the most boring focus group tested, corporate team in the league.

I was further “done” with the NFL after the Raiders moved to Las Vegas. Imagine growing up an Oakland fan to get jerked around twice by the Raiders. Keep your passion in check- it’s not your team, it’s the owners team.

I’m relegated to a passionless casual observer who might wager a bet every now and then. I’ve even lost all interest in fantasy football.

Sept 4. circled on the calendar

24 Likes

At least the Oilers were ‘lovable’ when they sucked. The Texans not so much.

14 Likes

Blame Bud Adams and now his daughter for not signing over the Oilers naming and history rights. She said the Titans may wear Oilers throwbacks again though.

1 Like

Jerry would never allow this, just another of the endless ploys by billionaire owners to get Joe Taxpayer to pay for his Man Cave

7 Likes

I want the Edmonton Oilers to move to Houston.

8 Likes

That’s a BIG slap in the face to request 100% taxpayer funded. Almost like he could give two splits about the fans there especially with the history and they have there. He just cares about increasing his bank account. Sadly he will either get a heavily subsidized stadium in Buffalo or go to another city that is more profitable than the western NY area. Billionaires gonna billionaire y’all.

7 Likes

The Austin Hobos!!!

2 Likes

Austin is becoming a metropolitan city like I predicted. New skyscrapers going up fast.

The Bills aren’t moving to Austin … its just a ploy to blackmail their county and state to get their way … they have officially not made any threats to leave …

However it does appear their antics are working …

The Bills BTW are one of the favorites to win the NFL this year

Their Josh Allen led offense is one of the most potent in the AFL … plus their defensive #91 has a large following in this board …

4 Likes

Thank you for posting Cooglover.
Now ask yourself this question.
Was it right for the utau pimp to “relocate” from the SWC to the small12 then to the SEC WHILE at the same time benefitting from OUR tax money?
During the pandemic and when the economy reopened the utau pimp COLLECTED $M’s from us. This is in addition to our taxes going to its account.
I am not even writing about the PUF.

3 Likes

No way UT allows a pro team there

2 Likes

It has nothing to do with the utau pimp. Jerry WILL never allow it. This is part of its “territory” The author is ignorant. San Antonio is also part of Jerry’s territory.
You can always “buy” a piece of the pie…

2 Likes

True. Austin already has a professional football team and doesn’t need another one.

4 Likes

Especillay now that they are going to SEC and bringing in ATM, LSU, Bama, Georgia, Florida, etc… instead of Iowa State, Kansas, and Baylor.

1 Like

AFL? It’s not 1969 anymore. I think you mean AFC loool

Only way Jerry allows it is if he gets money from it.