Bye Week Games of Import

Biggest game for us is ECU @ Tulsa. Tulsa opens as a -5.5 favorite. Our hope… Tulsa is 0-3 against ECU in the last three years. ECU may be their kryptonite. Fingers crossed; we need Tulsa to lose and be pissed about it when they go to Navy the week after. 7p on ESPN News.

Louisville has Boston College. They are massive favorites, and barring a total meltdown, they should cover. They have a salty Wake Forest team the Saturday leading up to our game. When I looked originally at Louisville’s schedule before the year, I thought Wake was a layup, but they are 5-3 and playing for bowl eligibility. I think they will be tougher on Louisville than originally expected. 6p on ESPN2

Tulane is @UCF. UCF is favored by a couple of TDs at home. That is a good distance to travel, and then come to Houston. We should be rested and ready to rock. 4p on ESPN3

Navy plays ND. The outcome really doesn’t affect us, but I hope for a win as it strengthens our schedule and makes our loss to Navy an even more quality opponent. However, I hope it is a battle where Navy gets worn out and can’t beat Tulsa the next week. 1030a on CBS

Memphis is @SMU then USF. SMU is turning things around. I think Memphis is going to struggle, but may pull out a win. A third loss would eliminate SMU from a tiebreaker with us if it came to that. Memphis will get rocked by USF. The they have a resurgent Cincy. Tuberville finally pulled his head out of his butt and started Kiel again. We have one more day of rest going into that Friday game then Memphis. Make it count. 3p on ESPN News

3 Likes

You’re talking about the Cincinnati basketball team…right??? Their football team has only beaten teams of a craptastic nature (ECU, Miami (Ohio), Purdue and UT-Martin) this year.

I can’t believe I’m even reading these words this year. So sad…

1 Like