BYU and Houston to Big12 tweet

Yep, the Big12 has all the leverage and they’re using every bit of it.

As compared to what we already make…???

Which makes them look like dbags and they end up looking weak instead of strong

Interesting info Coach. I would be shocked if we don’t get something similar than TCU. Is that a misguided expectation?

you messing with us or is this for reals?

Really no surprise …

We were pretty much expecting sitting at the kiddies table … $$-wise at the beginning … but

we are in a P5 … we will be playing before packed home crowds … and their secondary bowl games make all the G-5 top bowl games look pitiful.

Most importantly recruiting will pick up many-times fold and CTH hopefully will become the 2nd BY making UH his home.

1 $ more than we make now would be better than we have now. The exposure that we would get is what we want anyway, the $ will come later.

Would make for a nice diversion, while the details are negotiated. And they can still justify why it was happening too.

Zero, Zip, Nada to indicate any announcement on Big 12 expansion. The Big 12 doesn’t benefit by announcing now rather than in October or later.

I just heard that UH will be making its big 2-3 hour media presentation to the Big 12 next week. If teams who made the cut are still preparing for presentations that haven’t happened yet, we’re not getting an announcement this weekend. This makes sense in light of the fact that the conference presidents don’t meet again until Oct. 17.

If I were OU, I wouldn’t want an announcement during the game.

I don’t think anyone would. That would be a huge distraction.

1 Like

Amen, I call BS. This is completely ad odds with everything coming out of the conference. They are squirrelly but there is no hint they are this close to an announcement. Everyone take a deep breath.

Only da Shadow know…

1 Like

I was told about the video early last week. I posted they hoped to do it on 9/3, It doesn’t look like that will happen but it was their hope. Who cares what OU wants? Big 12 would have to release the info beforehand. UH couldn’t unilaterally put out the video. I expressed my skepticism at a 9/3 date at the time. However, I have little doubt that a video has been made.

What I heard about the financials was such that I told the guy if I were UH and that was the offer I’d tell em to take a flying leap. That’s punitive.

I’d take it but I would insist that our obligation to the GOR would be proportional to our share of the TV money.

CV, if your source was correct about the original date, could be that UH is trying to negotiate better terms and couldn’t get it done before tomorrow, If they were ready to go with a video for us, must have been one ready for the second team as well.

What better way to announce it but at a sold out game with a national audience on ABC, against a nationally ranked team? That would suit ESPN just fine.

Why not narrow down to six or so teams instaed of 11 if you want to name two?

Well 9/3 has come and gone. These Tweets are like predictions of the Second Coming or the end of the world. One day one of them might be right. But until then it’s typically someone needing to feel important even if it gets blown up later.

1 Like