C/O ‘20 Athlete Sofian Massoud commits!

Actually we got 6 years from Keenum.

1 Like

Sort of… he actually filled a full 4 years of games once it was all over, I think.

Anybody got the count for sure? Many do not get that chance. An additional benefit was the chance to mature. Then again, I guess there are those who netted an advantage of several games.

Regardless, I will always be a fan because of his attitude, work ethic, and example for others… in a word, CHARACTER!

I have been proud as well of Ward and King as QBs. Many receivers, linebackers, heck all over have also shown character that makes me proud to be a Coog!

2 Likes

He played games over 5 seasons. Ended up playing in a total of 57 games.

Interestingly, I can’t find anywhere a list of who has appeared in the most college football games. The NCAA record book doesn’t track that and college football reference only goes back to 2000.

From what I can see in the record book, Case actually may hold the record for most appearances in college football games. Closest I could find among those in the NCAA record book is 53 by a number of players.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/gregthompson27/status/1155921442652991488?s=20
https://twitter.com/gregthompson27/status/1155921870350364673?s=20

3 Likes

If a kid at Alabama or Clemson played in all 12 regular season games, conference championship game and 2 CFP games, he would play in 15 games. If he did that for 4 years it would be 60 games. Since Alabama has played in 4 straight CFP championship games, any 4 year player, whether starter or not would fall into that category. So, I suspect that there are some Bama players that have played in 60 games. Clemson played in 3 of 4 CFP championship games, and 4 of 4 semi-final games, any 4 year player, whether starter or not would have played in 59 games.

2 Likes

Interesting trivia…before Massoud committed to UH, he was working out with a former UH QB, Brian Thibaud.

5 Likes

:rofl:

I saw where Rutgers/Rivals had him as a 4 Star. I guess “moving down” to a G5 conference means you’re not as good as once thought. LMAO, in my book “pay to rate experts” and their ratings don’t mean diddly squat. This kid is a goodern and will help our program. Most glad we got him!

1 Like

What took you so long to figure that out :grin:

Would it be inappropriate to point out that based on her Twitter picture, his mom is definitely a Cougar.

5 Likes

Do you think Massoud was told by staff he will be the only scholarship QB in this class?

Works great at times but you can get burned bad w a late decommit.

1 Like

That observation can also be made with the pic in joprior23 post as well!

Good call. Really surprised that it isn’t a stat that the NCAA keeps up with.

They’ve put it out there that they expect to bring in 2 QBs for this class. I imagine they’ve let him know.

I have a feeling that Massoud could also be a King/Ward/Bryson Smith type player who may see the field earlier as a non-QB, but may continue to take reps as a QB in the offseason or even in practice.

However, with King leaving, and there being no clear successor, he has an opportunity to come in early and try to win the job. As a true freshman, he may relish that opportunity.

5 Likes

I remember thinking at the time that if someone played in four championship game and this four bowl games he would have one more game than them, but it’s not like he racked up stats on the UCLA game that caused him to miss a season anyway. And he crushed all the records. It wasn’t like he barely got them

1 Like

Definitely, Case blew everyone away. Timmy Chang was the guy he passed and Chang played 53 games so it isn’t as if there was a huge difference in games played.

5 Likes

We will get to see him play on Halloween night when Cy Lakes takes on Bridgeland Bears.

2 Likes

Good to hear. Important we get those QB #s up & get every QB a redshirt.(barring a true frosh as the best choice).

D King needs to stay healthy.
Hopefully Clayton Tune gets into 4 games or less & gets his redshirt back.
Logan H can mop up a bit.

1 Like

I think Malik Hornsby from Fort Bend Marshall is the other QB name to watch here. Took the Buffs to the 5A state title game last year and they are pre-season #2 in the state again. Sprinter speed with an absolute cannon for an arm.

7 Likes

Adding Hornsby and Massoud would be incredible.

5 Likes