C/O ‘20 OG Kendal Septs (decommits)

“No love lost”
I don’t think it means what you think it means

1 Like

“But I have to do what’s best for me”

Winning team, or playing time.

Bag man visit?

3 Likes

Who knows. Definitely not the position we want to lose recruits at.

But we were destined to build this first class on JUCO’s and I expect that to happen.

Everyone should know why this decommit happened, it is pretty simple. If not, I will spell it out… This team is bad, this coaching staff is underperforming, and although our per recruit average is high, this recruiting class is very small.

Does it matter? Yes, early signing period is a month away and we have only a handful of recruits.

He forgot “No interviews please.”

Holgorsen is taking over Houston. Just got to believe.

CDH may wait for that transfer portal to flood in December.

Maybe he’s been reading Coogfans and isn’t looking forward to 4 or 5 years of bitchy fans.

19 Likes

lol somo merda!!!

Must be why Nebraska is still a favorite for him, right? The real reason is Florida came with a bag. Well actually he set his official visit with them right after decommitting so I guess he will just pick it up when he gets out there.

3 Likes

We don’t have many spots available right now. Lost 5 from last year’s grad transfer debacle. Ended up with a bunch of transfers to try and fill holes that were left by last staff. JD said 16 scholarships available this year…I think it could be as low as 12.

Thing is, the total isn’t set yet because they can move some of the transfers to next year if certain guys commit. However, we have to wait on a lot of those guys as they’ll drag out their decision for awhile. If those guys don’t commit, we probably count all the transfers against this year’s class and go into next season with 25 scholarships.

5 Likes

HE matters as it’s a position of need, but having a few recruits during ESP does not. ESP is a luxury and not the last time kids can sign, nor is it necessarily indicative of how the class will turn out. As long as we fill our positions of need, who cares about signing 1000 players during the ESP? CDH will fill out this class. We also still have Paul and a few others from last years class.

Do we have any updates on Tobias Braun?
I am impressed by the potential that he will bring to us.
https://247sports.com/Video/Tobias-Braun-The-Brook-Hill-School-2018-junior-highlights-9183736/

I will add others
https://247sports.com/Player/Jose-Gonzalez-46055513/Videos/
https://247sports.com/Player/Andrew-Rumary-46054195/
https://247sports.com/Player/Tyrell-Lawrence-46082453/

I don’t see where these kids are coming here. Also, recruiting is basically finished in december nowadays. The early signing period is awesome as it clears way for the staff to start getting a leg up on the next cycle and put this one to bed. Having 8 people and hoping that the portal is awesome is not a great plan. I am hoping it works out. Losing this kid is not the end of the world, but it stings on this cycle.

1 Like

16 is what duarte said earlier this season.

No sure we offered either of those guys yet. If it’s worth anything, CDH said we could see big mean Patrick Paul and company the last 3 games. I really hope we can get Septs back. Having him line up next to Paul in the future makes for a big nasty tandem. Cam Johnson is another big boy that came into the program with size. OL will be fine regardless.

1 Like

Going to have to disagree. A lot of schools don’t finish up in December with kids still holding out. It’s not just us who will have this obstacle. One of our big targets, is not scheduled to commit until February, so there’s still work to be done.

ESP is huge! Locking your kids up with 2 and a half months before the official date is very important. Kids are signing early. It is just a fact. 65% of all kids sign in december leaving a huge void of what is left over.

According to CBS Sports, roughly 80 percent of prospects who committed entering the early signing period signed their National Letters of Intent. Among the expected number of all FBS signees, 65 percent signed in December. The split is more pronounced with the highest-rated recruits.

80% of committed kids and 65% overall. That is a huge amount of kids. If everyone can sign 25, 130 teams, 3250 committs and then 65% of those sign early…

2110 are off the board in december. There are still a lot of kids, but 2/3 are gone.