Cameron Tyson transfers to Houston from Idaho, sit one-play 3

Maybe he was listed as 6’5 originally and then got downgraded to 6’3 when he transferred to Houston. :joy:

9 Likes

He prolly grew a couple of inches.

Btw, UH will only have one ship to give from now until Fall Signing Period.

1. Tyson
  2. Ledee
  3. Jarreau
  4. Gresham
  5. Gorham
  6. White
  7. Alley
  8. Mills
  9. Sasser
  10. Hinton
  11. Roberts
  12. Mark
  13. Open Ship
    @LincsmilyUH
1 Like

Has it been confirmed that Ledee committed to the Coogs?

1 Like

Well someone is triggered.

2 Likes

Not as of yet.

1 Like

Nope… But a reliable source from a Twitter account is pretty adamant it’s pretty much a done deal.

1 Like

I’m told Ohio State transfer Jaedon Ledee is very close to a decision to transfer to Houston. #GoCoogs pic.twitter.com/mpROYu8b6P

— GoCoogs.com April 24, 2019
@bosscoog
1 Like

Well then…a reliable twitter source says it and so it is…

2 Likes

Pretty much a done deal. Take it for what it is. This is the same person who broke the CDH signing and contract details.

There is a bit of irony in this thread and you questioning other’s sources as reliable. :sunglasses:

Not sure how reliable gocoogs is but I believe they are correct.

Right. You make a good point about the looks he likely had. Since his team was so bad he probably wasn’t getting a ton of easy looks. At least definitely not to the extent needed to hit over 100 3’s. However, there’s less athleticism in that conference, etc., which can make getting shots off a little easier than in the American with all things equal.

I think great 6th man as his floor is a bit optimistic though, at least based on what we know so far about him. It’s possible he may not ultimately have the lateral quickness, toughness, or motor to become even an average defender or rebounder.

With his UH scholarship offer, it’s apparent that CKS thinks Tyson does have or can develop the lateral quickness, toughness and motor to become an above average to elite level defender or rebounder.

Obviously, he’s already an elite shooter. At this point, I’ve learned to trust CKS judgement.

2 Likes

Brooks was not a good defender two years ago.

3 Likes

Is it more out of place than your optimism early to mid season on Alley’s 3 point shooting?

1 Like

Now don’t be a hata Sh Aggie…that was a compliment to the twitter source.

CKS also offered a lot of guys that didn’t work out here. Obviously, he’s able to get more guys he wants now, but Gabe Grant and Mike Adwunumi were only two years ago. I’m firmly on board with trusting CKS but I’m guessing CKS doesn’t think the absolute floor for this guy in his first year in a UH jersey is being a really good 6th man. Obviously everybody CKS recruits isn’t going to get massive playing time immediately. That’s literally not possible.

You got that right !!

Sorry if I read it wrong but “a reliable twitter source says it and so it is…” that use of ellipses at the end (in internet chat context) usually means you have more to say but will refrain from comment. If that wasn’t the case, my bad.

How about your statement that you didn’t want Armoni starting in your ideal starting 5, something goofy you had that Hinton or Galen can shoot as well as Armoni, or that Armoni doesn’t or shouldn’t have a green light to shoot?

I also never was “optimistic” about Alley’s 3pt shooting. I said it was too quick to write his 3pt shooting off after like 2 games, which wouldn’t really fall under most definitions of optimistic. He shot around 27% on the year, which is pretty lousy, but he shot 33% on 2.7 attempts per game in conference which is close to fine for his role and helps with floor spacing. He shoots 76% from the FT line. If he can do that next year or improve on that then his 3pt shooting will be fine.

I could probably go through your post history and find a lot of stuff you were really wrong about. Didn’t you go on and on about how Auburn wasn’t good and was vastly overrated by Kenpom?