Cameron Tyson

No way.

1 Like

there are d2 over d1 upsets yearly
it wasnt but a few years ago Southeastern Oklahoma State beat tulsa
tulsa finished 2nd in the AAC that year

but you dont think a bottom 5 D1 team would be beat badly by an elite d2 team?..the guy v lewis winner this year (best houston player) is going d2
the spurs best player right now is from d2
the top of d2 is better than the worst of d1 i dont even think its a debate
your “no way” should be “very likely”

update: i just checked, idaho lost to unranked D2 team this year

Yes. There are some guys in D2 who were awesome in high school (most if not all of the guards were), but there is a big difference in the combination of athleticism and size, even vs. lower level D1. I didn’t have issue with the statement Idaho could lose to a D2 school, and apparently they did. But getting blown out seems unlikely. Until you find several instances of it happening I’m not going to buy that D1 schools can be expected to get blown out by even the best D2 schools. I’m sure it’s happened at some point, but I imagine it’s a rare occurrence.

Also, Landon is a few inches shorter than Tyson and it looked like a lot of Landon’s looks from 3 at St. Ed’s came because he could take most of the teams he played off the dribble so he had space for his shot from 3. He kind of loads his shot up. I’m definitely not knocking him. CKS said he was a great culture guy and integral to practice, so I’m sure his contribution made a difference. But by comparison Tyson is 6-3 and based on the limited video I could find looks to have a sweet stroke and quick release.

And even still, the comparison is whoever was in St. Edward’s conference vs. the Big Sky since we’re grading performance against opponents.

Its been a while since we had a big guy with real thunder.