Can Anyone Sort Our Roster As To Dana Recruits

Three years is a shortsighted perspective on recruiting especially if you’re unable to collectively understand the variables that impact the acute and chronic issues of UH football. You just seem to think the light switch is turned off and on. Most achievements in athletics require process and development by those who sacrifice. Not getting the instant gratification kick any more? Did CTH light your fire with his stellar recruiting? Just about zero, winning pretty much exclusively with Levine"s recruits. If you know and have heard all the variables then it seems that only do it now or you’re out is the answer. Makes for a great relationship tactic as well, as long as it’s just a negotiated business transaction. Makes for great achievement on team sports and for individual athletes.

1 Like

How many years before the accountability kicks in?
I’m asking as a non-college athlete to a former college athlete? (Not asking as a jackass, in other words)

This is where we disagree. I believe it is ignorant to believe that three years is not enough time to alter a program when a significant number of coaches at all levels have done it before at a variety of programs. The acute issues by definition are immediate and short term problems, which fall at the feet of the current staff. The chronic issues are long term problems going back multiple staffs that can be compensated for by good coaching and recruiting.

Give me a few hours

1 Like

Add McCaskill

2 Likes

2 Likes

Good chart.
Wow, this seems to show that Dana has gotten the transfers to fix what Apple/Herman left on defense, but the offense still is incredibly young.
This is a bigger rebuild than I previously thought.

1 Like

If he’s been talked about, I missed it.

But Mannie Nunnery (sp?) had a great game against Rice–two big special teams plays. He’s a RS FR.

I don’t follow recruiting as I used to, so I hadn’t heard of him.

But he sure seems to be off to a great start.

1 Like

Great chart! Thanks!

I count 29 Dana signees on our roster.

By adding another 25 in 2022 the roster will be majority Dana signees.

A 4 year rebuild, exactly what Coach Yeoman did.

It is obvious that the talent on the field is superior to what we had in 2018 and 2019. Especially on Defense. For example that kid Nunnery looks like a tremendous star in the making.

The 2022 class will determine the rebuild. We are in a Power 5 Conference.

No excuses for Dana and his staff.

1 Like

So if Dana hadn’t brought in 8 of those players that are now considered Seniors we would have had a roster with 9 seniors …. By the logic from some of y’all these 8 scholarships should have gone to high school recruits. The irony is that everyone is screaming a 3 year rebuild is to long but if he had done it the way many of y’all prefer our rebuild would be more a.on the lines of 6 years .

2 Likes

I saw them in person at NRG and then on TV vs Rice.

We were completely equal to Tech into the 4th quarter and completely demolished Rice

I think the Apple talent deficits have been largely overcome

Let’s see what our final 2022 class looks like.

1 Like