Can we believe the gray dots?

I was curious and looked at the ticket web site with the TDECU seating chart today. I acted like I was buying season tickets. When I scrolled over sections with available seats "availability’ is low. I looked at 229 (our seats section) and there are only 10 green dots. Section 329 has only 2 green dots. I scrolled over a few more sections and there are many more gray dots than green. Can we believe all of the gray dots have been sold as season tickets? Would be nice, but I just can’t believe. Do any my fellow COOGFANS have information on season ticket sales?

The fact that there are any available seats in 229 this late in the upgrade process is far from ideal. JMO.

No, you cannot. They are holding back lots and lots of seats.

Agree Randy, but about a month ago there were over 80 available in 229. I am still curious about all the gray dots in most sections. The 10 seats in 229 are all on row 7. (2 / 6 / 2) Great sight lines, maybe best in TDECU.

Thomas - Why are they holding back seats?

1 Like

Not sure why exactly…holding some back for the 713campaign I believe…holding others back because somehow it must be a revenue generating strategy…at the end of the upgrade period, for example, almost all of section 329 was available…I picked up 6 seats in the front row there.

1 Like

That would be an interesting revenue strategy. Basically don’t sell tickets because buyers will want them later?We are 67 days away from our first game. Trying to be clever and pretending tickets are in high demand is not the proper marketing strategy.

1 Like

Exactly sell the damn seats, don’t hold them back, who cares who or when they are bought as long as they don’t sell to scalpers buying to resell!!!

It creates the appearance of high demand. It is supposed to create this illusion of limited supply to entice a consumer reaction of, “ Oh I better get tickets now!” It is a basic sales technique. Most people are savvy to these practices today.

1 Like

Which is exactly why we need to change our basic sales technique.

UPDATE - I looked at the ticket web site today and became very disappointed as there are many green dots now appearing. I looked at our section 229 and there are 70 + seats available and 329 has 309 seats available which has 390 total number of seats. These two sections have great sight lines (50 yard line). Per seat in 329 is $150 + $75 CP seat commitment. Appears again we have very lackluster season ticket sales at this point.

It all depends on OU. Lose, regardless of whether we are competitive, or not, and attendance for the majority of the season will be paltry. If we are in undefeated the rest of the way attendance will pick up as hopes of NY6 dance in our dreams.

Next year attendance will pick up, but not by much.

1 Like

Can we even blame the fans after 2 years of Applewhite? This is no different then when Herman came on board. Hopefully, CDH stay long enough to built a stronger STH fan base than Herman. I believe he will!!

It’s the nature of Houston. It’s a crappy sports town, and for the most part our alumni are a reflection of the city itself.

We don’t indoctrinate like the Aggies, for better and worse. Nor are we ingrained in the state DNA like Texas. So the pressure is always on the teams to show up and show out or we see the attendance results almost immediately.

CDH is going to be here a while and I believe that we have better attendance than is shows now. The buzz will build and there sill be walk-up fans. I think that most fans in their heart of hearts don’t think we go to Norman and beat OU (although we can). The rest of the games will be winnable. The PVAM game may be light, but that may be to be expected.