Carl Lewis launches a new track club with Olympic goals

Google Search Link: Carl Lewis launches a new track club with Olympic goals - Google Search

Lewis’ primary role these days is as an assistant track coach at UH, but he also is in the early stages of setting up a post-graduate professional track club, a latter-day counterpart to the Santa Monica Track Club for which he competed after leaving UH, under the Perfect Method umbrella.

“I am focused on getting Americans ready to make the Olympic team,” Lewis said. “Most of the athletes who run for Team Perfect method will be UH athletes, and UH is allowing us the opportunity to allow athletes to stay in Houston and train here and be part of it.”

The first edition of Team Perfect Method includes sprinter LeShon Collins, the former UH sprinter who was the leadoff runner for the USA Track and Field team that won the 400-meter relay at the recent IAAF world relay championships in the Bahamas.

http://www.uhcougars.com/sports/c-track/recaps/052617aab.html

A Very good day at regionals yesterday! Cameron B under 10 in 100 and Burke and Lattin advance as well. But no Eli Hall…injured?

Edit…just saw other string…thanks for the updates!

Yep, Eli was hurt and had to withdraw. Bad luck with injuries this year throughout the team.

http://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1051307/carl-lewis-hoping-his-new-team-perfect-method-club-will-produce-future-olympians#.WTySVmzFF-o.twitter

“I am focused on getting Americans ready to make the Olympic team,” the former US sprinter and long jumper who is an assistant track coach at UH told the Houston Chronicle.

"Most of the athletes who run for Team Perfect Method will be UH athletes, and UH is allowing us the opportunity to allow athletes to stay in Houston and train here and be part of it.

"The whole idea is the minute you step on the UH campus, you don’t have to change anything until your career ends.

"A lot of schools don’t allow that.

“But I believe Houston is the best city for high school track and field in the country, so it’s about keeping people here.”