Carlos Correa

I loved him sticking up for Altuve today.

1 Like

Good for Correa. There weren’t many who didn’t cheat but hopefully Altuve keeps his wholesome rep.

For those who missed it

And so Altuve as one of, if not the team leader, team leaders wasn’t able to call this out at the beginning and put a stop to it? By keeping silent you are condoning it.

1 Like

And? At least he didn’t take part. He just didn’t stop it. And he owned up and apologized for not doing anything to stop it. You’re a Rangers fan?

1 Like

BusseyCoog-

Correa said that’s why Altuve apologized- because he didn’t stop it. Obviously, everyone on the team, whether they cheated or not, is guilty of that. However, one of Correa’s main points was that Altuve didn’t use the system in 2017- and that he didn’t steal the MVP award. I applaud him for setting the record straight on that. It’s up to you whether you believe that or not.

As far as Bellinger is concerned, perhaps if he didn’t strike out 17 times during the World Series in 2017, the Dodgers might have won anyway.

4 Likes

The Stros won game7 at Dodger Stadium. Shut up Dodgers. Shut up Indians. Shut up Yankees.

Now the story is everyone suspected the Astros of doing it. If that was the case, flash the deuce and throw 98 up and in. That would stop it.

6 Likes

Stros will win 100 this year. It is money in the bank. I am going to get season tickets for my family if I can.

4 Likes

Astros fans should bang trash cans and wear their 2017 championship rings at every home game this season. It would be so funny and stick it to the rest of the league.

2 Likes

By keeping silent Altuve condoned and participated in it. Were any of his RBI’s a result of others “participating” in it and getting on base?

Other than the 98 part, that is literally what I do if I see a guy on second relaying a sign to a hitter. it hilarious to see the batter freeze. My catcher hates it though.

Ok, rangers fan. Then Gerrit Cole is too. Tony kemp with Oakland is too. And every other former Astro that has been picked up by other teams. Will Harris with Washington is too. But for some reason their fans seem to say things like “ oh they were pitchers, so it doesn’t matter” yet when they see verlander give an interview, he is a cheater. It’s a no win situation. Fans will only look at it one way. I hope the Astros win the World Series and shove it everyone’s faces. There are several free agents after this upcoming season. Watch the Yankees and other teams drool over signing a Springer or Brantley and then say “ oh we forgive them”.

4 Likes

Pro baseball players, for the most part, nowadays have huge egos. It is tough for a coach or a teammate to question their actions. Most of the best leaders lead by example. The guy’s that are more verbal have a tendency to shut down a bit when they, themselves, are not going good. AJ took a bat to the monitors, did it stop, no. Altuve would not participate, did that stop em? You can’t argue the fact that those two guys are leaders. The Astros were not the only team in MLB to use today’s technology to get an upper hand, they just got caught. Hell, cheating has always been a part of baseball. Stealing signs is an art form. How many phantom outs are recorded in a 162 game schedule, does the SS tell the ump that he missed the call and the runner should be given the base, or how about when a guy like Bellinger traps a line drive and holds his glove up like he caught it. Of course they don’t.

1 Like

I mean, Marwin Gonzalez with the Twins should be booed everywhere, even in his home stadium. Dallas Keuchel with Chicago. Musgrove in Pittsburgh. JD Davis and Marisnick with the Mets etc.If your logic is consistent, then they shouldn’t be exempt just because they are on different teams. Same with Mookie and Price in LA.

2 Likes

In this video from November, Joe Girardi basically admits to stealing signs during those 90’s championship years with the Yankees. From “up stairs”. Why would they need help from up stairs? Yet, the league doesn’t investigate stuff like this. Only the Astros.

https://mobile.twitter.com/search?q=%23yankees%23astros%23redsox+joe+giradi

1 Like

That’s right.

Yes stealing signs has been a baseball tradition for at least a century. But using electronic means isn’t prohibited? If it’s not prohibited then my bad. And whatever someone does that’s unethical or illegal doesn’t give me justification to do it.

1 Like

Well look at the Girardi video. But of course mlb won’t come down on the yankees.

I’m not condoning what the Astros did. They should be punished. But everyone calls them cheaters as if they are the only ones ever in the history of the game to do it. It’s been going on forever.

2 Likes

Yes. Stealing signs has involved electronic means since basically its inception. See below: