2022 Case Keenum Thread - Houston Texans back home where he belongs

I don’t think Montana would want to carry Mahomes jockey strap. Mahomes looks really good, but I will table where he stands with Montana until he has the rings to match.

7 Likes

The Vikings did.

Someone ban this troll.

1 Like

Please, if you don’t want to be objective that’s fine. The stats are there if you want to see them, and you know that if it was a QB you didn’t like you’d find every reason to use them against him. He’s been a fine NFL QB.

1 Like

Just make him change his profile pic to something Coog related. This guy is here clearly with an agenda based on his profile pics.

Nah u are not a social assassin, and im too old for name calling. Ill just say your entitled to your opinion no matter how wrong it may be.

1 Like

giphy

Good Lord! That was a joke.

https://twitter.com/HOUBroncosFans/status/1048139353644576768

He made good ones early to get into that position then Denver stopped playing any defense whatsoever.

It has been a decade or so since I looked but didn’t Montana hold TONS of records in the pros, arguably the best QB ever? I realize some may have eclipsed him in some stats by now but the conditions and rules have evolved as well. As painful as The Chicken Soup Bowl was, Montana is one of the all time greats and a “flash in the pan” new kid has to show it over time before even putting the Joe Montana and Mahomes in the same sentence… imo.

BTW, precedents for Case Keenum include great scramblers Montana and Fran Tarkington.

Agree on Montana. Although I missed out on the entire 80s I caught him the last five years, and every season he was formidable. When SF jettisoned him to KC in his first year he took them to the AFCCG and in 1994 KC was a playoff team. Montana had to have been in his late 30s at this stage and this was under the old rules where the QBs were fair game and defensive backs could hammer receivers.

Brady is close but Montana will continue be on top for the foreseeable future.

It’s Brady now. Look at the Pats record since 2001. It’s insane. Brady is the best pro QB. The 49ers were still good with Young when Montana left. Take Brady off the Pats and they might be a .500 team.

1 Like

Pats were good with Drew Bledsoe until the injury that put Brady in…and the rest is history.

1 Like

Brady went down with an ACL tear week one against the Chiefs in 2008 and Matt Cassell took that Pats to a 10-6 record. Earned Cassell a huge contract with the Chiefs, same team Montana and Warren Moon retired with, Mahomed plays for, and Case just lost to. Chiefs are like the six degrees of separation model in pro football

2 Likes

They were actually 11-5 that season and missed the playoffs! Talk about some bad luck!

1 Like

Case can’t convert on 3rd and 6.

Fumble Jets! Put it in the end zone Case.

TD pass Case! He needed that. Thank you to that SMU grad for catching it.

4 Likes